You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
How do I export from DWG to Revit?
Export one or more views and sheets to DWG or DXF format.
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG) or (DXF).
- In the DWG (or DXF) Export dialog, for Select Export Setup, select the desired setup. …
- Select the views and sheets to export. …
- If you are ready to export, click Next.
How do you explode an imported DWG in Revit?
You can explode imported solid (not polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment. Select the import symbol. Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode).
Can AutoCAD open Revit files?
No. Revit must export to DWG first.
How do I open a Revit file without Revit?
You have the following options to view a Revit model without Revit:
- Use the free online A360 Viewer.
- Download the free Design Review 2013 and export the Revit model as a DWF.
- Use the Revit viewer mode. …
- If you have Navisworks, you can open the Revit file in Navisworks, then save as an NWD file.
How do you explode a linked file in Revit?
Explode Imported Geometry
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | <File Name> tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode).
What is an import symbol in Revit?
When you import a drawing into Revit LT, you are importing all the elements, such as blocks and external references (xrefs) from the drawing. They are all contained inside an element called an import symbol. You can explode (disassemble) the import symbol into its next highest level elements: nested import symbols.
Can I render a SketchUp model in Revit?
To incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design, import the SKP file into a Revit family. Then load the family into a Revit project. … Make sure you import the geometric data needed for the Revit capability that you plan to use. See About Imported Geometry.
Can TrueView open Revit files?
Can Autodesk True View view revit files or do you need to save or export as dwf, dwg or whatever file format. DWG TrueView is a . dwg viewer only. The only Revit viewer (and it’s a good one!) is Revit in view mode.
Is there a free viewer for Revit?
Autodesk have now released a great new file viewer, it is free, accepts over 50 file formats including Revit, and requires no software. … You can Share a link via email, upload a new version, or remove the file at any time.
What software can open Revit files?
RVT Files are created with Revit, software used by architects to make blueprints. They can be opened with Autodesk Viewer on a browser or by downloading a free trial of AutoCAD Architecture.