How do I create a sub discipline in Revit?
Your ‘HVAC’ (5) Sub-Discipline is a Project parameter that is connected to ‘Views’. See the Manage tab, select Project parameters, select the parameter ‘Sub-Sisciplie’, click Modify and check the Category that it is attached to. The Views in the Project Browser are arranged based on the parameter values of your Views.
How do you rename a sub discipline in Revit?
Click on view properties . Then hit the backspace button at subdiscipline. and type in the name which you need.
How do you add discipline in project browser Revit?
Go to Revit Ribbon> Manage tab> Settings panel. Click Project Parameters. Revit opens Project Parameters. Click Add…
Adding a Project Parameter
- Name: Category.
- Discipline: Common.
- Type of Parameter: Text.
- Group Parameter Under: Graphics.
How do I add a category to a view in Revit?
Create a View Type
- Open a view for which you want to create a view type, or click the view name in the Project Browser.
- In the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- Enter a name for the new view type and click OK.
How do I change the view discipline in Revit?
To set the Discipline property for a view, select the view name in the Project Browser, or open the view. On the Properties palette, the Discipline property is listed in the Graphics section. Select a value from the list.
How do I create a group sheet in Revit?
Click the Sheets tab and then click the New button. Give it a name and then click OK. In the “Browser Organization Properties” dialog, on the Folders tab, choose the new custom Sheet Folder property for the first Group by item. If you wish, you can choose additional Group by criteria such as Sheet Number.
What is discipline in Revit?
In Revit, each view has a discipline assigned to it, this controls what elements are visible and which are hidden. For example in an architectural view we can see walls, windows and doors but we might not be able to see structural elements such as beams and trusses or mechanical elements such as ducts.
How do I create a work view in Revit?
Create a Plan View
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down, and then click. (Floor Plan) …
- In the New Plan dialog: For Type, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. …
- Click OK.
How do you create categories in Revit?
Create Object Style Subcategories
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles.
- Click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported Objects tab.
- In the Object Styles dialog under Modify Subcategories, click New.
- In the New Subcategory dialog, enter a name.
- Select the Category for Subcategory of.
- Click OK.
What is view type in Revit?
A view type defines some graphics properties, such as a reference label and tags for elevations, callouts, or sections. It can also specify a view template to apply to a new view, and whether template updates should be applied to existing views.