How do you do continuous dimension?
Create a Continued or Chain Dimension
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Continue. Find.
- If prompted, select the dimension to continue. …
- Use object snaps to specify additional extension line origins.
- Press Enter twice to end the command.
What is permanent dimension in Revit?
A permanent dimension is a view-specific element that documents measurements in the model. Permanent dimensions can display in 2 different states: modifiable and non-modifiable. To modify a permanent dimension, select the geometry that references it.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
What is a continuous dimension?
Continous dimensioning breaks one long Dimension into shorter segments that add up to the total measurement. The command is a variation of linear dimensioning in that existing dimensioning is continued or extended. A second Dimension is linked to an existing Dimension to create a dimensioning chain.
What are ordinate dimensions?
Ordinate dimensions are a set of dimensions measured from a zero ordinate in a drawing or sketch. In drawings, they are reference dimensions and you cannot change their values or use the values to drive the model. Ordinate dimensions are measured from the axis you select first.
How do I change dimension values in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do I convert Autocad to Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
How do you annotate walls in Revit?
You can add tags or keynotes for your wall. The tools are in Revit ribbon>Annotate tab>Tag panel. For tagging your wall, you can use tag by category. Tag all (not tag) can tag all objects in specified categories.
How do you find dimensions in Revit?
- Click Modify tab Measure panel Measure drop-down, and then click either (Measure Between Two References) or (Measure Along An Element). …
- If you want to display dimensions for a chain of temporary lines that you draw, on the Options Bar, select Chain and do either of the following: