How do I add topography from DWG to Revit?
Create a 3D Toposurface from the inserted DWG file:
- Click the Toposurface tool on the Site tab of the Design bar.
- On the Design bar, click Use Imported > Import Instance.
- Select the DWG file.
- Select the layers to add points from.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish Surface.
How do you make a surface in Revit?
To create a surface using the Options Bar:
- Click Create tab -> Draw panel -> Line.
- On the Options Bar, select Make surface from closed loops.
- (Optional) On the Options Bar, select Chain to create a chain of lines.
- Draw a closed profile.
- The surface is automatically created.
How do you extrude a CAD file in Revit?
In Massing and Site > In Place Mass> call it with the name of the layer….from : Draw > Pick Lines. Hover the mouse over one of the shapes and TAB till the entire contour is highlighted. Then click on it > Form>Create Form > Solid Form > make extrusion….continue editing till you finish the shape from the layer….
How do you add topography in SketchUp?
If you prefer to to start modeling terrain from a flat, rectangular TIN, you draw the shape with the Sandbox From Scratch tool:
- Select the Sandbox From Scratch tool ( ) on the Sandbox toolbar, or select Draw > Sandbox > From Scratch from the menu bar.
- Click to set the TIN’s starting point.
How do I import a KML file into Revit?
In Revit, click New Project. Expand Views (all) and select Site. Click Add-Ins tab Globe Link panel Import drop-down Import Google Earth File (KML/KMZ). Navigate to the KML or KMZ file in the Import dialog, and click OK.
How do I get topography on Google Earth?
Explore the slope, elevation, and distance along a path.
- Open Google Earth Pro.
- Draw a path or open an existing path.
- Click Edit. Show Elevation Profile.
- An elevation profile will appear in the the lower half of the 3D Viewer. If your elevation measurement reads “0,” make sure the terrain layer is turned on.