How do I create a terrain in Sketchup?
If you prefer to to start modeling terrain from a flat, rectangular TIN, you draw the shape with the Sandbox From Scratch tool:
- Select the Sandbox From Scratch tool ( ) on the Sandbox toolbar, or select Draw > Sandbox > From Scratch from the menu bar.
- Click to set the TIN’s starting point.
How do you model a sloped ground?
How to Model Sloped Ground
- a. Scan the sloped ground with your measured level points. Bring it to scale by Tape (measure a known distance and type it to the dialog box “Measurements”) …
- e. Make sure “Sandbox” is active. (View – Toolbars – Sandbox)
- e. Make the triangles visable by. …
- This is how the model looks like.
Are Sketchup contours accurate?
Depending on the source of the contour lines, they can be more reliable than Google, but it’s an involved, multi-step process to create terrain from them. … If all you have is contour lines on paper or some non-vector digital source, you’ve got no choice but to trace them.
How do you create a terrain model?
To create the Terrain feature, from the Tasks menu select the Civil Tools > Terrain Model > Create From File button. On the Title Bar of the Select Files to Import panel, verify that the project and MX directory are correct. If not, click the Directory History button in the upper right corner of the panel.