Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How do you cut a solid in Revit?
Solid forms will only cut the following solids: Form elements.
Family instances inside of the massing editor.
- Create two adjacent solid forms. …
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Cut).
- Select the solid form to be cut.
- Select the cutting solid form.
How do you cut a void in Revit?
Cutting with voids in families when loaded
- Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters.
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK.
- Load the family into the project and place it.
How do you cut a line in Revit?
click Modify tab Modify panel Trim drop-down (Trim/Extend Single Element). Select the reference to use as a boundary. Then select the element to trim or extend. If this element crosses the boundary (or a projection), the part that you click is retained.
How do you cut a line between two lines in Revit?
click Modify tab Modify panel (Trim/Extend Multiple Elements). Select the reference to use as a boundary. Then select each of the elements to trim or extend. For any elements that cross the boundary, the part that you click is retained.
How do you cut a sink hole in a countertop in Revit?
After adding a void to the sink family, you need to open Family Category and Parameter window and check the [Cut with Void when loaded] box. Upon placing the sink to top of the countertop, use Cut command on the Modify menu to cut the hole. You can also nest the sink to the countertop family as well.
Can you trim in Revit?
Use the Trim and Extend tools to trim or extend one or more elements to a boundary defined by the same element type. You can also extend non-parallel elements to form a corner, or trim them to form a corner if they intersect.