What are witness lines Revit?
Witness lines are the lines that indicate which elements do the dimensions refer to. You can move the witness lines of the temporary as well as the permanent dimension to a new reference point.
How do you add a witness line in Revit?
Add a Witness Line to a Dimension
- Select the dimension.
- Click Modify | Dimensions tab Witness Lines panel (Edit Witness Lines).
- Click the element for which you want to add a new witness line, and then click in the drawing area.
- When you are finished, press Esc .
What is a dimension witness line?
When you create a dimension, the witness lines are created based on the dimension placement location and dimension references. These witness lines do not overlap with the reference geometry. … You can manually drag witness lines for which automatic clipping is enabled so that they overlap with the reference geometry.
How do I remove a witness line in Revit?
Delete a Witness Line
- Select a permanent dimension.
- Right-click the blue control in the middle of a witness line, and click Delete Witness Line.
How do you activate dimensions in Revit?
Use the Activate Dimensions option to display them.
- Select multiple elements in the drawing area.
- On the Options Bar, click Activate Dimensions. Note: System performance can significantly increase when the temporary dimensions and constraints are not displayed.
How do I make dimensions visible in Revit?
Turn On the Visibility of Automatic Sketch Dimensions
- While in sketch mode, click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics), or type VG.
- On the Annotation Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphic Overrides dialog, expand the Dimensions category, select Dimensions, and select Automatic Sketch Dimensions.
- Click OK.