Try opening the SketchUp file and clicking “Window” > “Model Info” > “Statistics” > “Purge unused.” If you have installed SketchUp in a non-default location, try installing it to the default location. … Try closing all of your SketchUp dialogs/trays to see if the crash still occurs.
Why does my SketchUp keep not responding?
Sketchup not responding is usually caused by a device that has a low specification. This means that the device does not meet the minimum hardware requirements to run the program. … Not responding can also be caused by a rendering plugin installed in the program.
How do I fix SketchUp problems?
- Update the driver for your graphics card.
- Open the SketchUp file. Then copy and paste the geometry into a new SketchUp file.
- Open the SketchUp file and select Window > Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused.
- Make sure that no unusual characters appear in Scene or Layer names.
Why does SketchUp hang?
Assuming your computer is up to the minimum system requirements, sometimes the issue is using your computer with more than one monitor. … If this is the case, you will need to make sure the secondary display is plugged directly into the GPU and not into a dock or plugged into a less powerful, onboard video card.
Why is SketchUp free so slow?
Your computer’s RAM, processor speed, and graphics card all affect SketchUp’s performance. If SketchUp is noticeably sluggish, make sure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum requirements for your version of SketchUp. … Also, keep your computer updated with the latest version of SketchUp.
How do I recover an unsaved SketchUp file?
How to recover the deleted or lost SketchUp model file?
- Use SketchUp AutoSave function. If you have ever set up in your Sketch menu Window -> Preferences -> General tab -> In the ‘Create Backup’ [SKB] and ‘Auto Save’ [at set time interval] check-box options… …
- Use Data Recovery Software. …
- From the Backup.
How do I make SketchUp smooth?
To smooth edges with the Eraser tool, hold down the Ctrl key (Option on the Mac) while you click or drag over the edges you want to smooth. Use the Soften Edges panel. Located on the Window menu, this panel lets you smooth a bunch of selected edges all at once, according to the angle of their adjacent faces.
How do I fix not responding?
Open your phone’s Settings app.
Restart your phone normally & check apps
- Restart your phone.
- One by one, remove recently downloaded apps. Learn how to delete apps.
- After each removal, restart your phone normally. …
- After you remove the app that caused the problem, you can add back the other apps that you removed.
How do I reset my SketchUp camera?
“Camera” pull-down, click “field of view”, type-in “30”, hit enter… this should bring you back to default. You can also drag the spyglass to change the VCB (lower right-hand corner.
Why SketchUp zoom in model disappears?
Usually this means that you have some scattered unnecessary geometry (a single short edge is enough) lurking somewhere far from your actual model. It might also be a badly built component or group that has its origin far from the object itself, resulting in an enormous bounding box.
How do I use GPU in SketchUp?
Start SketchUp 2019, and open the Preferences dialog from the Window menu. Choose the OpenGL panel and click the Graphics Card Details button. Verify that SketchUp is using your AMD GPU (the vendor should say AMD instead if Intel.)