Click View tab Create panel (Section). Click Modify | Section tab Properties panel (Type Properties). Click in the value box for the Section Tag parameter, and select a tag from the list. Click OK to save your changes.
How do you rename a section in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Section Tags). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate. Enter a name for the new section head, and click OK.
How do I find a section in Revit?
To open the section view, double-click the section header, or select the section view from the Sections grouping of the Project Browser. The section view changes when the design changes or the section line is moved.
How do you save a section view in Revit?
To save a single view, in the Project Browser, right-click the view and click Save to New File. Navigate to the desired location, enter a file name, and click Save. To save several views from the project, select File tab Save As Library View. In the Save Views dialog, select the views to save, and click OK.
How do I change the depth of a section in Revit?
Define Depth Cueing
- Open a section or elevation view (Architectural or Coordination discipline only).
- For the best effect and better performance, ensure that Far Clipping is specified for the view: …
- On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style Graphic Display Options.
- Expand Depth Cueing, and select Show Depth.
What is the purpose of section view in Revit?
Sections views cut through the model. You can draw them in plan, section, elevation, and detail views. Section views display as section representations in intersecting views. Provide views of specific parts of your model.
How do you save a 3D view in Revit?
The new view displays in the Project Browser under 3D Views.
Use the SteeringWheels tool to save a view.
- If SteeringWheels are not displayed in the drawing area, click (Full Navigation Wheel) on the navigation bar.
- Right-click the SteeringWheels, and click Save View.
- Enter a name for the new 3D view, and click OK.
How do I export a 3D view in Revit?
Export Part of a 3D View
- In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. The duplicate view displays in the drawing area. …
- Rename the duplicate view: in the Project Browser, right-click the duplicate view, and click Rename. Enter a new name, and click OK.