How do I remove a host from a family in Revit?
So you have 3 options :
- uncheck workplane-based from the properties panel in the rfa.
- create a ref-plane in the project and align your workplanebased rfa to it.. after this can be moved together.
- use this rfa as a nested in a new generic family.
How do I select a new host in Revit?
In a section or elevation view, select the level-based component. Click Modify |
How do I make family not wall hosted?
Select the hosted family that you want to convert, and choose Edit Family. Choose Create > Family Category and Parameters, and then assign the family a category that Revit can monitor. The example changes a fire extinguisher cabinet from Specialty Equipment to Mechanical Equipment. Choose Load Into Project and Close.
How do I change my wall based family to face-based?
The trick: create a whatever project with a wall and/or ceiling, depending on the family host type. Place your whatever families wherever, save and close. Then link that file into another, copy/monitor, and voila! – you now have a face-based family that should also double as work-plane based.
What elements can be copy monitored?
What Elements Can I Copy or Monitor?
- Grids (but not multi-segment grids)
- Columns (but not slanted columns)
- MEP fixtures.
How do I add an electrical family in Revit?
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- In the Load Family dialog, double-click the category of the family that you want to load.
- Preview any of the families (RFA) in the category: To preview a single family, select it from the list. …
- Select the family that you want to load, and click Open.
What is a family category?
The Family Category and Parameters tool assigns the properties of a predefined family category to the component you are creating. The tool is only available within the Family Editor. Family parameters define behaviors or Identity Data that apply across all types in that family.
Why is it not recommended to explode CAD in Revit?
Exploding a CAD file inside Revit is not a good idea. The problem is that Revit will change all layers into a Linestyle. That means if you have a large CAD file with many layers, you will have loads of dumb, useless linestyles.
What is a face based family Revit?
Face-based. Use the face-based template to create work plane-based families that can modify their hosts. Families created from the template can make complex cuts in hosts. Instances of these families can be placed on any surface, regardless of its orientation. See Creating a Work Plane-based Family.
How do you create a hatch in Revit?
Create a Custom Fill Pattern
- Create a custom pattern in a pattern (PAT) file. …
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Fill Patterns).
- In the Fill Patterns dialog, under Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model.
- Click (New fill pattern). …
- For Type, select Custom.
- Click Browse.