How do I make my AutoCAD file smoother?
- Delete the contents of the Windows TEMP folder. See How to delete temporary files in Windows.
- Disable your antivirus program to see if it’s slowing down your AutoCAD software. …
- Eliminate slow network performance. …
- If you’re using Windows 7, change the desktop theme to Windows Basic.
How do you clean lines in AutoCAD?
Run the PURGE command. In the Purge dialog box, select Automatically purge orphaned data. When this setting is turned on, every time you run the PURGE command, the Purge dialog box is displayed, AutoCAD checks whether the DGN line style data is in use, and purges any unused line styles.
How do I delete unwanted objects in AutoCAD?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do I clear AutoCAD history?
How to clear the recent documents list in AutoCAD
- Type OPTIONS on the command line.
- Switch to the Open and Save tab and set the following to 0 (zero): File Open > Number of recently-used files. Application Menu > Number of recently-used files.
- Click Apply or OK.
What does audit do in AutoCAD?
Evaluates the integrity of a drawing and corrects some errors. Audit places the objects with errors that are in the current space into the Previous selection set.
Why is my AutoCAD so glitchy?
The problem may be caused by a faulty AutoCAD installation or corruption of software resultant from a system crash. Resetting AutoCAD may resolve the issue. In some cases, AutoCAD may need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
How do I fix a slow AutoCAD file?
- Install the latest AutoCAD update (see Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements).
- Clear the AutoCAD graphics cache by typing CACHEMAXFILES on the command line and set it to 0 (zero), then restart AutoCAD. …
- Momentarily disconnect from all networks.
How do I recover a corrupt AutoCAD file?
If the file opens, there is no need to continue to the rest of the steps.
- Open a blank DWG and run the RECOVER command. …
- Open a blank DWG and run the RECOVERALL command. …
- Open a blank DWG and run the INSERT command. …
- Look in the same directory where the DWG resides and see if there is a BAK file of the same name.
What is the command in AutoCAD to remove unwanted lines?
Solution: Select objects in a drawing (use CTRL-A to select everything) and then type OVERKILL on the command line. Click OK on the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog window, adjusting settings as desired (the default options are usually sufficient).
Why is AutoCAD file size so big?
Use the following commands to reduce the size of a DWG file. Detach all unneeded xref files using the XREF command. Select all objects in a drawing and enter the OVERKILL command. … Use SAVEAS to save a new file or save overtop of the original.
How do I delete multiple lines in AutoCAD?
To Delete Duplicate Objects
- Click Home tab Modify panel Delete Duplicate Objects. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select objects.
- Press Enter.
- Optional: Specify a Tolerance value. Select properties to ignore during object comparison.
How do you remove the unwanted part of drawing?
To Remove Unwanted Objects from a Base View
- Move the cursor over the base view to edit. …
- Double-click an empty area inside the drawing view border.
- Click Drawing View Editor tab Select panel Model Space Selection. …
- In model space, SHIFT-click the objects you want to remove and press ENTER to return to layout.
Which command is used to delete unnecessary objects from drawing?
To Remove Unnecessary Objects
- Use the ZOOM, EXTENTS command to display the extents of the current drawing.
- Enter WBLOCK (for Write Block).
- In the Write Block dialog box, under Source, select Objects.
Which command is used to erase the drawing?
The CS command is used to erase the drawing from the logo screen.