Open the same plan view in both projects. Right click on the 1st project’s project browser the 3D view you want to copy -> Select Show camera -> Press Ctrl + C (Copy) being on the 1st project plan view .> Go to the 2nd Project same plan view -> Go to Paste Alligned to view.
How do I copy a view from one Revit model to another?
Method A – Copy & Paste
- Select a drafting view or schedule in the project browser.
- Right-click and choose ‘Copy to Clipboard’
How do I transfer 3d elements from one Revit file to another?
How can I copy and paste geometry from one file into another? Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
How do I import 3d view in Revit?
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.
Can you have two Revit files open at once?
Try to open the different revit project files inside the same revit session (CTR + O). You should be able to get all in the same revit session.
How do you expand a 3D view in Revit?
As long as it is a camera view, select the view on the sheet, and in the modify tab, select “Size crop,” check the radio button “Scale” then change the width or height to suit. Thanks, Chris, it worked.
How do I make a copy of a Revit file?
Use this procedure if you have already opened the central model, and you want to create a local copy of it.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, navigate to the desired location on the Revit Server network or on your hard drive.
- Enter a name for the file, and click Save.