How do I edit my wall profile in Revit?
Edit a Wall Profile
- In the drawing area, select the wall, and click Modify | Walls tab Mode panel Edit Profile.
- If the active view is a plan view, the Go To View dialog displays, prompting you to select an appropriate elevation or section view. …
- Use the tools on the Modify and Draw panels to edit the profile as needed.
Can a Revit user edit a system family?
System families are predefined in Revit and saved in templates and projects, not loaded into templates and projects from external files. You cannot create, copy, modify, or delete system families, but you can duplicate (copy) and modify the types within system families to create your own custom system family types.
How do I edit a profile in Revit?
Edit profiles or paths from which forms are created.
- Select a profile, path, or surface to edit. …
- Click Modify | Form Element Mode panel (Edit Profile). …
- Use the drawing tools on the Modify | Form Element > Edit Profile tab to edit the profile. …
- Click (Finish Edit Mode).
What are the three classes of families in Revit?
The 3 kinds of families in Revit are: system families, loadable families, and in-place families. Most elements that you create in your projects are system families or loadable families. Loadable families can be combined to create nested and shared families.
How do I import a system family into Revit?
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- In the Load Family dialog, double-click the category of the family that you want to load.
- Preview any of the families (RFA) in the category: To preview a single family, select it from the list. …
- Select the family that you want to load, and click Open.
How do I create a system family in Revit?
Create System Types
- In the Project Browser, expand Families Duct Systems Duct System. Tip: To create a custom system type for piping, expand Families Piping Systems Piping System.
- Right-click a system type, and click Duplicate.
- Select the duplicate, right-click, and click Rename. Enter a name for the new system type.
How do you use wall sweep in Revit?
Click Architecture tab Build panel Wall drop-down (Wall: Sweep). In the Type Selector, select the desired type of wall sweep. Click Modify | Place Wall Sweep Placement panel, and select the orientation of the wall sweep: Horizontal or Vertical. Place the cursor over the wall to highlight the wall sweep location.
How do you edit an extrusion profile in Revit?
Edit an Extrusion
- In the drawing area, select the extrusion.
- If you are in the project environment: …
- Click Modify | Extrusion tab Mode panel (Edit Extrusion).
- If desired, modify the extrusion profile.
- On the Properties palette, change the visibility, material, or subcategory of the extrusion, if desired.
How do I edit a wall sweep in Revit?
Select a wall sweep in a 3D or elevation view, or click Architecture tab Build panel Wall drop-down (Wall: Sweep). On the Properties palette, click Edit Type, or click Modify | Place Sweep tab Properties panel Type Properties. In the Type Properties dialog, for Profile, select the desired profile type. Click OK.
How do you create a profile in Revit?
Create a Profile Family
- Click File tab New Family.
- In the New Family – Select Template File dialog, select a profile template, and click Open. …
- If necessary, sketch reference planes for constraining the lines in the profile.
- Click Create tab Detail panel (Line), and sketch the profile loop.
How do you duplicate a profile in Revit?
Click the profile you want to copy. Click Profile tab Modify Profile panel Geometry Editor Find. In the Profile Layout Tools dialog box, click Copy Profile. In the Copy Profile Data dialog box, check the data displayed in the Source Profile Information area to ensure that this is the correct profile to copy.