Select BREAKATPOINT, then choose the line to break, then you can use the Extension snap to extend off an endpoint and type a value, like 3. The result is the line is broken into two pieces, 3 inches from the end. Then simply hit enter to repeat the command.
How do I extend a line in another line?
To Extend Line Lengths
- Click Home tab Draw panel Line drop-down Create Line By Extension Find.
- Select the line to extend.
- To define the length of the line, do one of the following: Select two locations to specify the length that you want to add to the line. Enter a positive distance to extend the line.
What is the difference between trim and extend command?
Extending operates the same way as trimming. You can extend objects so they end precisely at boundary edges defined by other objects. In this example, you extend the lines precisely to a circle, which is the boundary edge.
How do I change extend and trim in AutoCAD?
Note: To select cutting edges that include blocks, you can use only the single selection, Crossing, Fence, and Select All options. Select object to trim or shift-select to extend . . . Specifies portions of objects to trim individually. Shift-select extends the selected objects rather than trimming them.
What is short break line?
Short break lines are thick, wavy solid lines that are drawn freehand. When either of these break lines is used to shorten an object, you can assume that the section removed from the part is identical to the portions shown on either side of the break. (thin and long with a zigzag) (thick and short, wavy freehand)
How do you extend a line in Draftsight?
To extend entities:
- Click Modify > Extend (or type Extend).
- In the graphics area, select entities to make up the boundary edges. The Extend operation does not affect these entities.
- Press Enter.
- In the graphics area, select the entity to extend or specify an option: Crossing. …
- Press Enter.
How do I extend a line in Arcmap?
Extending a line to an intersection with another line
- Click the Edit tool. on the Editor toolbar.
- Select the line segment to which you want to extend a line.
- Click the Extend tool. on the Advanced Editing toolbar.
- Click the endpoint of the feature you want to extend. The line you clicked is extended to the selected line.