How do I get a duplicate building plan?

You can get copies of building floor plans for properties located in the City through the Department of Buildings (DOB). If Building Plans are in DOB’s inventory, you can get them directly from the appropriate Borough Office. Floor plans may be viewed at no charge. Copies of files can be reproduced.

How do I get a copy of my house plans?

Here are the steps required to get the duplicate papers for your property:

  1. File a police complaint immediately. …
  2. Publish an advertisement. …
  3. File an application for share certificate. …
  4. Register with the notary. …
  5. Get the duplicate sale deed.

How do I find a lost building plan?

Duplicate copy of sanctioned building plan can be obtained from Municipal office. You can approach to the building inspector (Building department) with current property paid tax bill. They will provide you the duplicate sanctioned plan copy against payment of some charges and fees.

Are house blueprints public record?

A blueprint is a map of a building. … Once the blueprints have been filed by the contractor with the municipality building department, these building plans are public records and technically attainable by anyone wanting to view them.

How much does it cost to get blueprints of my house?

It’ll cost between $809 and $2,683 with an average $1,746 to hire a draftsperson for a blueprint or house plan. They will charge anywhere from $50 to $130 per hour. A set of plans for a typical 3-bedroom house takes at least 10 hours to complete and runs anywhere from $500 to $2,000.

IT IS INTERESTING:  Question: How do I show columns in Revit?

What if original sale deed is lost?

If the sale deed is lost, you can obtain a duplicate certified copy from the concerned sub registrar’s office. Following steps help you to get your duplicate sale deed. Lodge police complaint: File an FIR (First Information Report) reporting the missing of the document.

Do blueprints show plumbing?

Q: Do the plans/blueprints include plumbing and electrical? … The rough plumbing is included on the plans showing the kitchen and bath fixture symbols and their locations. However, the location of where the pipes come into the house is site specific and not included on the plans.

How do I find the architect of my house?

Your local library may also have resources to help you in your search, and your city’s Department of Building and Safety may even allow you to look up the names of the home’s contractor or architect. A good place to start is the Public Records Online Directory.

Special Project