How do you exit edit group mode in Revit?
Locate the “Group Edit” or “Assembly Edit” panel and drag it back to the Revit ribbon.
- AP for adding elements.
- RG for removing elements.
- AD attaching detail group.
- FG Finish and save the group.
- CG Cancel.
How do I turn off detail groups in Revit?
In the drawing area, select a model group that has an attached detail group, or groups. Click Modify | Model Groups tab Group panel (Attached Detail Groups). In the Attached Detail Group Placement dialog, select or clear check boxes to show or hide the attached detail group. Click OK.
How do I ungroup a group in Revit?
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
How do I open a group editor in Revit?
How to Group in Revit
- In a project view, select the desired elements or existing groups you want in the group.
- Click Modify | Multi-Select tabCreate panel (Create Group). …
- In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group. …
- If you want to open the group in the group editor, select Open in Group Editor. …
- Click OK.
How do I edit a group in Revit?
Add or Remove Elements in a Group
- In the drawing area, select the group to modify. …
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab or Modify | Attached Detail Groups tab Group panel (Edit Group). …
- On the Edit Group panel, click (Add) to add elements to the group, or click (Remove) to remove elements from the group.
How do I reset an interface in Revit?
You can reset the ribbon and other user interface settings by deleting the UIState. dat file. Note: Deleting this file removes customizations to the ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, and restores the default user interface.
Can you filter model groups in Revit?
We can easily select specific categories or object families by using the “Filter” function. Since components can’t be selected, we can create groups and use the group as an item.
How do you filter out a model group in Revit?
Filter by group name?
- Select objects including several instances of detail group as well as other objects.
- Click on Modify|Filter|Edit.
- Click on New Rule-Based Filter>Define Rules>OK.
- Select Detail Items.
Can you explode a group in Revit?
To completely remove grouping of all elements do this – Select the Group, and select Ungroup from the Modify | Model Groups ribbon that appears.
How do I ungroup multiple groups?
For ungrouping multiple groups, “classicgroup” can be typed at command prompt. In the dialog box, by selecting the desired group one at a time and clicking “Explode” will ungroup.
How do you explode in Revit?
You can explode imported solid (not polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment.
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
What is the difference between assembly and group in Revit?
Assemblies function similar to Groups, but are designed so that the grouped elements are tagged and scheduled as a single unit under one category. Assemblies are primarily designed to create detailed views and sheets of the assembly as a type of shop drawing to show how the group is constructed.
How do I make a group model in Revit?
Use the group editor to create a group, and add existing or new elements to the group.
- Click Architecture tab Model panel Model Group drop-down (Create Group). …
- In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group.
- Select the type of group to create (model or detail), and click OK.
How do you save a Revit group as a family?
- Click File tab Save As Library (Group).
- By default, the File name text box displays “Same as group name”. …
- If your project has multiple groups, select the appropriate group from the Group to Save drop-down.
- Specify whether to Include attached detail groups as views.
- Click Save.