How do you lock a reference line in Revit?
After you have it – select command Align, click on vertical reference plane and then on start point of the line (use Tab to cycle through overlapping elements) and click the lock to lock it. Do the same to lock Reference Line start point to horizontal plane.
How do you lock a point in Revit?
Use Pins to Lock Elements in Place
- Select the elements to be pinned, and then click Modify | <Element> tab Modify panel (Pin).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Pin), select the elements to be pinned, and then press Enter .
How do you pin a reference plane in Revit?
You can use the “pin” tool on them. Select the referecne plane you want to hold in place and then on the modify panel on the ribbon select the “pin” icon or use the keyboard shortcut of “PN”. The reference plane will now have a pushpin icon displayed when selected and will not be able to be moved.
How do I lock a section view in Revit?
To lock the view, go to the View Control Bar at the bottom of the Revit interface and click on the little house with the padlock (Lock 3D View). Click this icon and choose the ‘Save Orientation and Lock View’ option.
Where is reference line in Revit?
In the Family Editor, click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Line). Using the drawing tools, sketch the line. The line displays as a solitary solid line until selected or when highlighted during preselection.
How do you lock geometry to a reference line?
Constrain Family Geometry
- Use the Align tool and select the specific reference plane and the sketch line to establish the constraint.
- When the lock symbol displays, click it to lock the constraint.
How do I create a reference level in Revit family?
- Open the section or elevation view to add levels to.
- On the ribbon, click (Level). Architecture tab Datum panel (Level) …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click. …
- Draw level lines by moving the cursor horizontally. …
- Click when the level line is the correct length.
What is the use of reference plane in Revit?
Use the Reference Plane tool to draw reference planes to use as a guideline in your design. Reference planes are an integral part of family creation. Reference planes display in each plan view that you create for a model.
What is reference line?
Reference Lines allow you to place lines on the plot at specific locations to mark important values. You could use these to mark control limits or to indicate a trend line for a set of data.
Can you save a 3D view in Revit?
Use the SteeringWheels tool to save a view. If SteeringWheels are not displayed in the drawing area, click (Full Navigation Wheel) on the navigation bar. Right-click the SteeringWheels, and click Save View. Enter a name for the new 3D view, and click OK.
How do I lock a sheet view?
Lock the Position of a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- Select the view to lock in place on the sheet.
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Modify panel (Pin).
- The pin icon displays on the view, indicating that it is locked in place.