How do I change the CAD link in Revit?
To update links without closing the current project, you can unload and reload the links. To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models.
How do I find a linked CAD file in Revit?
Link a CAD File
- Open the Revit model.
- If you want the linked file to display only in a particular view, open that view.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to link, and select the file.
How do I turn off CAD in Revit?
To hide the imported CAD file,
- Go to Visibility Graphics (“VG”as a keyboard shortcut).
- Go to Imported Categories tab -> Select the Imported CAD file and turn off the checkbox beside the name of the CAD file.
- Say OK.
How do I unhide a CAD link in Revit?
When you link in a Revit model which contains nested CAD links, Revit hides the CAD links. This is true in full Revit as well as in LT. In full Revit, you can choose to go to Visibility/Graphics to turn them back on.
Can you import CAD to Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
What is the difference between link CAD and import CAD in Revit?
What is the difference between “link CAD files” and “import CAD files” in Revit? Linked files retain the reference to the external files and will update when the Revit model is reopened or the linked file is reloaded. Imported files become a part of the Revit model and lose any connection to the source.
How do you control layers in Revit?
Make Global Changes to the Graphic Display of Layers
- Open the project.
- Click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- In the Object Styles dialog, click the Imported Objects tab.
- Click to expand the DWG file name of the file. …
- For each layer, change the values for Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern, as desired.
How do I edit a layer in Revit?
Edit Layers in a Compound Structure
- Select the compound element, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
- For Structure, click Edit. …
- Click Insert to insert a layer, or select a layer to modify.
- If you want to move the position of the layer, select the layer, and click Up or Down.
How do you select a layer in Revit?
Query Objects in Layers
- Move the cursor over the import symbol in the view. Revit highlights lower-level objects (such as lines) first. Press Tab to switch to highlighting of higher-level objects, such as blocks.
- Watch the status bar. When it describes the target object, click to select it.
Why is my CAD link not showing up in Revit?
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
Why can’t I see my imported CAD file in Revit?
Either by zooming to extents or closing and re-opening your file, you will be zoomed out so far that the CAD drawing (and your Revit model) are a tiny, invisible dot in the middle of your screen. To solve this, un-link or remove the CAD file.