Press Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (Mac OS X) and the Offset Limit is negated. Then erase what you don’t need.
How do you set a limit in SketchUp?
Setting the Units in SketchUp
- In SketchUp, open the Window menu and select the Model Info option.
- In the Model Info dialog box, select your units from the two menus next to Format. …
- You can then set your units in the Drawing Units dialog box.
Why can’ti offset a line in SketchUp?
You can’t offset just one edge with the ‘Offset’ tool in SketchUp. You’ll need to select at least two connected (or more coplanar connected) edges. Or a single face. The edges are needed to define the plane in which the offset will be taking place.
How do you repeat offset in SketchUp?
Double-click on another face element to copy the procedure and apply an offset of the same amount to this element. Repeat this procedure for each face element for which you want to repeat the offset.
Why is my push pull not working in SketchUp?
This typically occurs when the objects to be extruded are apart of a Component or Group. If your object is in a Group/Component, you cannot Push/Pull it as one Group/Component. However, you can double-click the Group/Component to edit it, then select a surface to push/pull.
What is offset tool?
: a cutting tool whose cutting edge is not in line with the shank.
What is an offset distance?
In nuclear warfare, the distance the desired ground zero or actual ground zero is offset from the center of an area target or from a point target. Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.
Can you offset multiple surfaces at once?
The first thing this tool allows you to do is offset multiple faces at once. To do this, simply select multiple faces, then select the tool. This allows a lot of interesting options, especially when dealing with round or circular objects.
How do you copy and offset in SketchUp?
Copying and multiplying geometry with the Move tool
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to copy.
- Select the Move tool ( ) from the toolbar or press M. …
- To tell SketchUp that you want to duplicate the selected entities, tap the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (macOS) key to toggle Copy functionality.