On the Status bar, click the drop-down arrow next to the Workspace gear icon. Select a workspace or switch to a different one. If needed, switch back to the desired workspace. The act of changing workspaces and back can restore it.
How do I show icons in AutoCAD?
To display the menu, click Quick Access Toolbar drop-down > Show Menu Bar. To display a toolbar, click Tools menu > Toolbars and select the required toolbar.
How do I get my old workspace back in AutoCAD?
You can easily recreate the AutoCAD Classic workspace. To display the menu, click Quick Access Toolbar drop-down > Show Menu Bar.
To save the workspace:
- Click Tools menu > Workspaces > Save Current As.
- In the Save Workspace dialog box, in the Name box, type AutoCAD Classic.
- Click Save.
What is AutoCAD menu bar?
At the top-left of the application window, on the right end of the Quick Access toolbar, click the drop-down menu Show Menu Bar. At the Command prompt, enter MENUBAR. Enter 1 to display the menu bar.
How do I resize an icon in AutoCAD?
- Right-click the desktop and choose Display Settings.
- Increase the percentage on the menu “Change the size of text, apps, and other items.”
How do I change an AutoCAD drawing icon?
How can I change AutoCAD icon?
- In Windows Explorer, right-click a DWG file and choose Open With > Choose another app (or Open With > Choose default program in older Windows systems).
- In the next window, select “AutoCAD DWG Launcher.”
- Select the checkbox for “Always use this app to open . …
How do I reset the ribbon in AutoCAD?
To Reset the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Right-click anywhere inside the ribbon.
- Click Restore Default Ribbon.
Why does my AutoCAD look different?
Causes: The interfaces in AutoCAD for Windows and Mac were built on their respective operating system’s platform framework and will appear different. AutoCAD for Windows has the ribbon, while AutoCAD products for the Mac OS have menus and tool sets (see Differences between AutoCAD for Mac and AutoCAD on Windows).
What are dimensioning tools?
The Dimension tool allows you to measure and show the distance between two points in your layout. It also allows you to set a certain distance between objects, or to change an object’s size.
What are the steps in starting AutoCAD?
Use one of the following methods to start a drawing.
- On the Start tab, click Start New Drawing. This opens a new drawing based on the default drawing template file. …
- Right-click a file tab, and choose New to display the Select Template dialog box.
- Click Application menu New Drawing. Find.