Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File. In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open. The Insert Views dialog opens, which displays views that are saved in the project. From the list, select an option for views to display.
How do I copy details from one Revit file to another?
How can I copy and paste geometry from one file into another? Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
How do you transfer drafting views in Revit?
Insert a Drafting View from Another Project
- Open the target Revit LT project (that is, the project in which you want to insert the existing drafting view).
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open.
How do I copy a 3d view from one Revit file to another?
Open the same plan view in both projects. Right click on the 1st project’s project browser the 3D view you want to copy -> Select Show camera -> Press Ctrl + C (Copy) being on the 1st project plan view .> Go to the 2nd Project same plan view -> Go to Paste Alligned to view.
Can you export a drafting view in Revit?
You can save drafting views to an external Revit project for use in another Revit project. You can also use this procedure to save sheet views and schedule views to an external project.
How do I use drafting in Revit?
Use the detailing tools on the Annotate tab to sketch the details.
- Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View).
- In the New Drafting View dialog, enter a value for Name, and select a value for Scale. …
- Click OK. …
- In the Project Browser, expand Drafting Views to see the newly created drafting view listed.
How do I import a legend into Revit?
Select a legend view and copy it to the clipboard. Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Paste from Clipboard: Manually place the legend view onto another sheet view. Aligned to Selected Views: Specify from a list of sheet views in the current model.
How do I export a group in Revit?
- Click Save As Library (Group).
- By default, the File name text box displays “Same as group name”. …
- If your project has multiple groups, select the appropriate group from the Group to Save drop-down.
- Specify whether to Include attached detail groups as views.
- Click Save.
How do I export a 2d plan from Revit?
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG) or (DXF).
- In the DWG (or DXF) Export dialog, for Select Export Setup, select the desired setup. …
- Select the views and sheets to export. …
- If you are ready to export, click Next. …
- In the Export CAD Formats dialog, do the following: …
- Click OK.
How do you copy a camera view in Revit?
Open the Revit view containing the camera [for example Level 1]. Then right-click the camera 3D view in Project Browser > Show Camera. 2. Select the camera object in the view, Clipboard > Copy.