How do you add detail items?
Insert a Detail Component
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Detail Component).
- From the Type Selector, select the appropriate detail component to place.
- Press SPACEBAR to rotate the detail component through its different snap points to other elements.
- Place the detail component in the detail view.
What is a detail component?
Detail components are line-based 2D elements that you can add to detail views or drafting views. They are visible only in those views. They scale with the model, rather than the sheet. Detail components are not associated with the model elements that are part of the building model.
How do you create a detail family in Revit?
- Create a new family using the Detail Component line-based template.
- Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component. …
- For lines, select the line and click Modify | Lines tab Mode panel (Visibility Settings), and select the views in which the object will be visible. …
- Save the detail component.
How do you create a detail Item family in Revit?
In the Family Editor, sketch reference planes for placing the detail component. Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component. A detail component is displayed in a symbolic form and is not shown in 3D. Click the Line tool to sketch the symbol.
How do you create a repeating detail in Revit?
Insert a Repeating Detail
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Repeating Detail).
- Sketch the repeating detail, and then click Modify.
- Click Modify | Detail Items tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate, and enter a name for the repeating detail type.
Can multiple parameters exist in a single tag family?
You can assign the same parameter several times to an element inside the family (e.g 3x a length parameter to create a cube). It is possible inside the project to assign a project parameter (of a different type) to families and they will exist next to each other.