Select objects (instances) you want to re-reference and keep in the same place. From list of existing levels in the project, choose a new reference level for the selection to be re-reference to.
How do you change the reference level in Revit?
Well we do have another option and its quite simple really, first select the beam, then on the Ribbon use Edit Work Plane. This will show the Work Plane dialog box, using the ‘Name’ option dropdown select a different work plane and the beam will move to that work plane and the ref level will now match.
How do you change the level of a family in Revit?
Right click on any word in your Project Browser to do a Search… for the name of your Level Head Family. Once you have found it, right click on the Family, and Select “Edit”. This will open up the Family Editor and allows you to edit the Annotation Family.
How do I create a reference level in Revit family?
- Open the section or elevation view to add levels to.
- On the ribbon, click (Level). Architecture tab Datum panel (Level) …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click. …
- Draw level lines by moving the cursor horizontally. …
- Click when the level line is the correct length.
How do you change the reference plane in Revit?
Use this tool to select a new work plane that is parallel to the existing work plane.
- Select a work plane-based element in a view.
- Click Modify |
tab Work Plane panel (Edit Work Plane). …
- In the Work Plane dialog, select another work plane. …
- If needed, reposition the element on the work plane.
How do I change the elevation level in Revit?
Change the level name: Select the level and click the name box. Enter a new name for the level. Change the elevation: Select the level line, and click the elevation value. Enter a new value.
How do you move a level in Revit without moving objects?
Revit: Changing the Level Elevation without moving the Level
- You will notice that the value of the level is still 0. …
- Type in the value of the new elevation that you want the level to read, then select OK.
- Select the remaining levels and change them to the shared level type to update them.
How do I change the units symbol in Revit?
Set Project Units
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Project Units.
- In the Project Units dialog, select the discipline.
- Click the value in the Format column to change the display value for that unit type. …
- Specify Units, if necessary.
- For Rounding, select an appropriate value.
How do you create a reference plane in Revit 2020?
Add a Reference Plane
- On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
- On the Options bar, specify an offset, if desired.
- Select the Lock option to lock the reference plane to the line.
- Move the cursor near the line to which you want to place the reference plane and click.
How do you show reference planes in Revit?
Reference planes display in each plan view that you create for a model. Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane. Name each reference plane so you can assign it to be the current work plane. Hide a selected reference plane or all reference planes in a view.
Where is the reference plane in Revit?
Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
- On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) Structure tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) …
- To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). …
- To pick an existing line: On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).