Why can’t I change scale in Revit?
There are a few ways to deal with this situation: Remove (unassign) the view template from the view. This should unlock all of the properties so that they can be modified independently from the View Template. Modify scale defined in the view template.
How do you change scale to NTS in Revit?
Click on the scale and then select “Custom...”. A dialog box should pop up. Click the checkbox that says “Display Name” and type in the custom Display Name you’d like to appear on the Viewport Title. I chose “N.T.S.”.
How do you scale a viewport in Revit?
To Modify a Layout Viewport Scale Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the viewport whose scale you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do you add a custom scale in Revit?
Assign a View Scale
- On the View Control Bar, click the view scale, and select Custom.
- In the Custom Scale dialog, enter a value for Ratio.
- (Optional) Select Display Name, and enter a custom name for the scale.
- Click OK.
How do I change the default units in Revit?
Changing Project Units
You can change project units from Revit ribbon> Manage tab> Settings panel> Project Units. By default, the setting for length in metric template is mm.
How do I change units in Revit 2020?
Set Project Units
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Project Units.
- In the Project Units dialog, select the discipline.
- Click the value in the Format column to change the display value for that unit type. …
- Specify Units, if necessary.
- For Rounding, select an appropriate value.
How do I reduce 3D view in Revit?
Show or hide levels in 3D views
Click the Annotation Categories tab. In the Visibility column for Levels, select the check box to show levels in the view; clear the check box to hide them.
How do you crop a 3D view in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the crop region. Click Modify
How do you make a 3D view on a sheet in Revit?
Create a Perspective 3D View
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.