How can you modify viewports?
To edit a design layer displayed in a viewport:
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
How do you change the viewport in paper space?
To move the layout viewport, click the move grip at the center of the viewport and click a new location. Alternatively, you can use the Move command. To change the display scale, click the triangular scale grip near the center of the layout viewport.
How do I manage viewports in AutoCAD?
To adjust the size, shape, and border of the new layout viewport, select the layout viewport and click a size grip one of the corners of the viewport object. To move the layout viewport, click the move grip at the center of the viewport and click a new location. Alternatively, you can use the Move command.
How do you make a viewport in model space?
To Create Multiple Model Space Viewports
Click the – or + control, and then the Viewport Configuration List to change the number and arrangement of viewports. Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and create new viewports.
What is the importance of viewport in AutoCAD?
Viewports allow you to create different views of the objects in your model space and display them on the printed page from different angles and at different scales.
What is the difference between Paperspace and model space in AutoCAD?
You view and work in model space while using the Model tab. In general model space consists of a single view that fills the screen. If needed, you can create additional views, called viewports, which can show different views of your drawing or 3D model. … Paper space represents a paper layout of your drawing.
How do I change my viewport boundary?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do you unlock a viewport?
Follow these steps to set up the viewport:
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.