In the Type Properties dialog, for the Structure parameter, click Edit. A layer is assigned to one row. It has a constant thickness and extends the height of the wall. You can change its thickness in the row assigned to it.
How do I make walls thinner in Revit?
Walls in Revit can’t have variable thickness. You could make an in place family to do this. Or you could add a sweep to the wall family to get the tapered shape. Wall sweeps can be add top the type definition of the wall as well.
How do you change the wall in Revit?
Edit a Wall Profile
- In the drawing area, select the wall, and click Modify | Walls tab Mode panel Edit Profile.
- If the active view is a plan view, the Go To View dialog displays, prompting you to select an appropriate elevation or section view. …
- Use the tools on the Modify and Draw panels to edit the profile as needed.
How do you make lines less thick in Revit?
Specify Line Weights
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Line Weights).
- In the Line Weights dialog, click the Model Line Weights, Perspective Line Weights, or Annotation Line Weights tab.
- Click a cell in the table and enter a value.
- Click OK.
How do you manage a wall type in Revit?
You can access wall type properties from the Project Browser. In the Project Browser, expand Families, expand Walls, expand a wall family, and right-click wall type. Click Properties to access the Type Properties dialog, where you can modify wall properties.
How do you split a vertical wall in Revit?
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Split Element).
- Place the cursor on the wall or line at the point you wish to split. Note: A stacked wall can only be split vertically. …
- Click to place the split. A permanent horizontal line displays on the wall indicating the split.
How do I turn on depth cueing in Revit?
On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style and Graphic Display Options. On the Graphic Display Options dialog, expand Depth Cueing, and select Show Depth.
How do you change line thickness in Revit family?
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles.
- In the Object Styles dialog, click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported objects tab.
- Click in the Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern cell for the category you want to modify and make changes as necessary.
- When finished, click OK.
How do you do underlay halftone in Revit?
Define Halftone/Underlay Settings
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Halftone/Underlay).
- In the Halftone/Underlay dialog, under Underlay, define the following settings: …
- Under Halftone, for Brightness, enter a value or use the slider to specify a setting between Light and Dark. …
- Click OK.
How do I change the scale of a line in Revit?
To Change the Linetype Scale of Selected Objects
- Select the objects.
- Right-click one of the objects, and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
- In the Properties Inspector, click Linetype Scale and enter the new value.
How do you use filters in Revit?
Apply a Filter
- Open the view.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics), and click the Filters tab.
- Click Add. …
- Select a filter, and click OK. …
- On the Filters tab, do the following: …
- Click Apply (to apply the filter to the view and keep the dialog open) or OK (to apply the filter and close the dialog).