How do I select a section box in Revit?
Section Box Tool
- First of all select the object(s) you want to section box.
- Go to the Modify tab on the ribbon bar.
- Under the group called “View” select “Section Box”
What is the purpose of section view in Revit?
Sections views cut through the model. You can draw them in plan, section, elevation, and detail views. Section views display as section representations in intersecting views. Provide views of specific parts of your model.
How do I change the depth of a section in Revit?
Define Depth Cueing
- Open a section or elevation view (Architectural or Coordination discipline only).
- For the best effect and better performance, ensure that Far Clipping is specified for the view: …
- On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style Graphic Display Options.
- Expand Depth Cueing, and select Show Depth.
How do you save a section box in Revit?
Click File tab Export, and select an export option.
For information about section boxes, see Change the Extents of a 3D View.
- Hide the section box so that it does not appear in the exported file: …
- On the Properties palette, under Extents, select Section Box, and click Apply. …
- Select the section box to see its handles.
Why is scope box greyed out Revit?
The reason for this weird behaviour is simple: it turned out that Scope Box parameter becomes read-only if you modify the Crop Cregion sketch. Since the Revit Scope Box is a cube, it can’t be applied to those views that have non-rectangular Crop Region!
How do you hide a scope box in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the scope box you want to hide, and do either of the following:
- Click Modify | Scope Boxes tab View panel Hide in View drop-down (Hide Elements).
- Right-click a scope box, and click Hide in view Elements.