How do you cut a section in AutoCAD?
To Create a Section Line (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click Home tab Detail panel Section Line. …
- Select a starting point for the section line .
- Select the next point or points for the section line and press ENTER.
- Enter a letter to reference the section line at the starting point.
- Press ENTER.
What is a section view?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views.
What is Section command in AutoCAD?
Uses the intersection of a plane with 3D solids, surfaces, or meshes to create a 2D region object. The SECTION command creates a region object that represents a 2D cross section of 3D objects, including 3D solids, surfaces, and meshes.
How do I hide section planes in AutoCAD?
To Change the Transparency and Color of the Section Plane…
- Right-click the section object. Click Properties.
- In the Properties palette, under Section Object, in the Plane Transparency box, enter a value of 1-100. Entering 1 makes the section plane indicator opaque.
- In the Plane Color box, select a color.
What are the 7 types of section views?
Types of Sectional Views
- Full Section. If the imaginary cutting plane passes through the entire object, splitting the drawn object in two with the interior of the object revealed, this is called a “full section.” A full section is the most widely-used sectional view.
- Half View. …
- Offset View. …
- Revolving View. …
- Broken View.
What is short break line?
Short break lines are thick, wavy solid lines that are drawn freehand. When either of these break lines is used to shorten an object, you can assume that the section removed from the part is identical to the portions shown on either side of the break. (thin and long with a zigzag) (thick and short, wavy freehand)
When and why is a section view necessary?
In which case, the direction of sight is towards one half of the object. The other half is then mentally discarded. Drafters use sectional views to improve the clarity of complex objects when internal surfaces result in too many hidden lines. Special conventions are used to make a sectional view easy to understand.