Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters. In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK. Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry).
How do you create a void cut in Revit?
Create negative geometry (voids) to cut solid geometry with the Create Void tool.
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form).
How do you cut elements in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry) and select the void you created. Notice the cursor changes shape. Select the geometry you created in Step 3. Note: Select Multiple Cut on the options bar to select more than one element to be cut by the void.
How do you make a void family in Revit?
Create a Void Family with an Elliptic Profile
- Create a new family using the Metric Generic Model face based. …
- Select the 3D Front view.
- Click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Plane).
- Place a new horizontal reference plane in the middle of the slab extrusion:
- Select the new reference plane.
- In the Properties palette:
How do you extrude in Revit 2021?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
How do you cut in Revit 2021?
Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
What are Revit parameters?
Parameters are used to show and control an element’s information and properties. You can create custom parameters for each category/element in the projects and sort schedules based on the parameter data. Within Revit, there are three types of parameters: project, global and shared.
How do you insert a curtain wall in Revit?
Embed a Wall into Another Wall
- Sketch a host wall of any type in the drawing area. The host wall can be a straight wall or an arc wall.
- Sketch a wall that will be embedded into the host wall. …
- Click Modify | Place Wall tab Geometry panel Cut. …
- Select the host wall.
- Select the wall to embed into the host wall.