How do you extend a curved line?
◦ To extend a curve and keep the number of points on the curve the same, select an end point, and drag the curve to extend it. ◦ To extend a curve by adding points to it, hold down SHIFT and ALT simultaneously, click the endpoint of the curve, and click outside the curve.
What type of dimension do we use for arcs or curves?
Because radius and diameter dimensions seem to do the same thing, you might wonder when you should use which one. In most drafting disciplines, the convention is to use diameter dimensions for whole circles (for example, a hole) and use radius dimensions for part circles or arcs (for example, a fillet).
How do you bend a dimension line in AutoCAD?
How do you use Dimension command in AutoCAD?
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Linear. Find.
- Specify the first and second extension line origin.
- At the prompt, enter r (Rotated).
- Enter an angle for the dimension line.
- Click to place the dimension line.
How do you extend a line in Creo?
To Trim or Extend Line Segments. To trim or extend segments, hold down the CTRL key and drag the endpoint of the entity to the required location. You can also trim or extend entities using the buttons on the Design tab: Click Make Corner and select two nontangent line segments to trim or extend to create a corner.
What are ordinate dimensions?
Ordinate dimensions are a set of dimensions measured from a zero ordinate in a drawing or sketch. In drawings, they are reference dimensions and you cannot change their values or use the values to drive the model. Ordinate dimensions are measured from the axis you select first.
How many dimensions are there in CAD?
You can create horizontal, vertical, aligned, and radial dimensions with the DIM command. The type of dimension depends on the object that you select and the direction that you drag the dimension line. The following illustration demonstrates one method for using the DIM command.
What is a diameter dimension?
In geometry, a diameter of a circle is any straight line segment that passes through the center of the circle and whose endpoints lie on the circle. It can also be defined as the longest chord of the circle. … of a diameter is also called the diameter.
How do you expand an object in rhino?
5 Steps to Scaling Objects in Rhino 5
- Type “Scale” in the upper lefthand box. …
- Select Scale 2D to scale in two directions. …
- Choose Scale 3D to scale in three directions. …
- Choose a reference line, and move your mouse to dramatically scale the object.