How do you explode a DWG?
To Explode an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Explode. Find.
- Select the objects to be exploded. For most objects, exploding has no visible effect.
How do I ungroup a CAD file in Revit?
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
Why is it not recommended to explode CAD in Revit?
Exploding a CAD file inside Revit is not a good idea. The problem is that Revit will change all layers into a Linestyle. That means if you have a large CAD file with many layers, you will have loads of dumb, useless linestyles.
Can you explode in Revit?
You can explode imported solid (not polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment. Select the import symbol. Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
Why can’t I ungroup in Autocad?
Hey, All you have to do is locate the “Group” menu at the top of your screen, select the group you want yo ungroup and click “ungroup“. That’s all you need.
Can you explode a group in Revit?
To completely remove grouping of all elements do this – Select the Group, and select Ungroup from the Modify | Model Groups ribbon that appears.
Why is my Revit file so large?
Every BIM manager needs to monitor this statistic for every Revit file they manage. If a file grows too large it either means that something is going wrong on the project, or it means that something is about to go wrong.
Does Revit use layers?
Revit lists the layers in the file. For each layer, change the values for Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern, as desired.
How do you explode a 3D view in Revit?
It’s a simple task to create exploded views with Revit.
The process involves four simple steps:
- Create a 3D view, optionally a perspective.
- Select the elements to ‘displace’
- Select the ‘Displace Elements’ tool and move the elements in either the X,Y or Z axis.
- Add paths and any annotation required.
How do you make an exploded diagram?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .