How do you explode an object in AutoCAD?
To Explode an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Explode. Find.
- Select the objects to be exploded. For most objects, exploding has no visible effect.
How do you break a solid in AutoCAD?
To Break an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Break. Find.
- Select the object to break. By default, the point at which you select the object is the first break point. …
- Specify the second break point. To break an object without creating a gap, enter @0,0 to specify the previous point.
What is the command of explode in AutoCAD?
Breaks a compound object into its component objects. Explodes a compound object when you want to modify its components separately. Objects that can be exploded include blocks, polylines, and regions, among others.
How do you cut a 3D solid in AutoCAD?
Slice a 3D Solid or Surface With a Surface
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Slice. …
- Select the 3D solid or surface objects to slice. …
- At the Command prompt, enter s (Surface).
- Press Enter.
- Select a surface to use as the cutting plane.
How do I cut a shape in AutoCAD?
To Trim an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as cutting edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the cutting edges. …
- Select the objects to trim and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to trim.
How do you split a body in AutoCAD?
Click to expand the Modify panel. Select Split Body. Select the body to split. Select the profile, face, plane, or body to use as a splitting tool to split the body.
What is a Pedit?
Common uses for PEDIT include joining 2D polylines, converting lines and arcs into 2D polylines, and converting polylines into curves that approximate B-splines (spline-fit polylines). Different prompts are displayed, depending on the type of object you select to edit.
What does AutoCAD stand for?
it is comprised of 2 words Auto and CAD. AUTO stands here for AUTODESK ,an american company (parent company of autocad) CAD stands here for computer aided drafting or design as this software is used mainly for drafting but also has some designing features.