To name a room, tap and hold the room’s label for a few seconds to display the keypad. A room’s Name can also be set in the Room Specification dialog: tap the Information button. You can choose whether to display the room’s area along with its name there, as well.
How do you define a room in chief architect?
A room in Chief Architect is a totally enclosed area defined by any combination of joined Walls, Railings, Half Walls, or Room Dividers (also known as invisible walls), and all of these tools can all be accessed under the Build menu.
How do you display living area in chief architect?
To display the Living Area label
- Select Edit> Default Settings from the menu.
- In the Default Settings dialog, select Plan from the list, then click Edit.
- In the General Plan Defaults dialog that displays, place a check in the box beside Show Living Area Label.
How do you show dimensions in chief architect?
- Select View> Temporary Dimensions .
- If there is a checkmark next to it and its highlighted with a light blue color, this feature is enabled. …
- As with other dimension lines, Temporary Dimensions only locate objects that are parallel or nearly parallel to one another.
How do you become an architect room?
There are a few basic steps to creating a floor plan:
- Choose an area. Determine the area to be drawn. …
- Take measurements. If the building exists, measure the walls, doors, and pertinent furniture so that the floor plan will be accurate. …
- Draw walls. …
- Add architectural features. …
- Add furniture.
How do you build a floor in chief architect?
- Create a new floor by selecting Build> Floor> Build New Floor. …
- In the New Floor dialog, select Make new blank plan for the 2nd floor, then click OK.
- In the Floor Defaults dialog that displays next, specify your desired floor and ceiling settings, then click OK to create a new blank floor level.
How is living area calculated?
Multiply all length and width measurements. Add all the measurements to obtain the total square footage of the home. Measure the length and width of any unheated areas, and subtract the unheated square footage from the total square footage to obtain the total living area square footage.
How do I change units in chief architect?
- Launch Chief Architect and select Edit> Preferences if you’re on a Windows computer or Chief Architect> Preferences. …
- On the New Plans panel of the Preferences dialog, click the radio button beside either U.S. (Imperial) Units or Metric Units for new plans. …
- Click OK to close the dialog to apply your change.
How do architects calculate square footage?
Multiply the length times the width for each rectangle to get the area and then add up all of the rectangles to get the total square footage of the floor plan.
How do you hide dimensions in chief architect?
- With your 2D floor plan active, select Tools> Display Options .
- Scroll down to the Dimensions, Automatic and Dimensions, Manual layers, and remove the checkmarks from the Disp column.
- Click OK, and the display of your dimensions will be turned off until you are ready to turn their display back on.
How do you move walls in chief architect?
To move a wall, tap to select it, then drag its Move handle. Walls can be moved perpendicular to their length. To move a selected wall with greater precision, tap a dimension indicating its distance from another, parallel wall and input the desired distance using the keypad or compatible Bluetooth laser meter.
How do I change font size in chief architect?
You can also adjust the font size of text in the Default Settings. To do so, navigate to Edit> Default Settings, expand the Text, Callouts, and Markers category, click on either the Text or Rich Text option, then click Edit.