How do I add details in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Detail panel (Detail Line). Sketch along lines of the halftone elements or use them as part of your detail. As you sketch lines, the cursor snaps to the model geometry in that view. Sketch lines that provide applicable construction details.
How do you show detail lines in Revit?
Draw Detail Lines
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel (Detail Line).
- Sketch lines as appropriate.
How do you add detail items?
Insert a Detail Component
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Detail Component).
- From the Type Selector, select the appropriate detail component to place.
- Press SPACEBAR to rotate the detail component through its different snap points to other elements.
- Place the detail component in the detail view.
How do you make a line based family in Revit?
- Create a new family using the Detail Component line-based template.
- Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component. …
- For lines, select the line and click Modify | Lines tab Mode panel (Visibility Settings), and select the views in which the object will be visible. …
- Save the detail component.
How do you create new text styles in Revit?
Specify Text Note Styles
- Click Annotate tab Text panel .
- In the Type Properties dialog, select the text properties you want to work with from the Type list.
- If desired, click Rename to rename the type, or click Duplicate to create a new text type.
- Specify the properties for the display of text notes.
- Click OK.
What is a detail view?
A detail view is a view of the model that appears as a callout or section in other views. This type of view typically represents the model at finer scales of detail than in the parent view. A detail view can be created as a section or a callout.
How do you create a repeating detail in Revit?
Insert a Repeating Detail
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Repeating Detail).
- Sketch the repeating detail, and then click Modify.
- Click Modify | Detail Items tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate, and enter a name for the repeating detail type.
Can you convert detail lines to model lines in Revit?
Use the Convert Lines tool to change a line to a model line, a detail line, or a symbolic line. When you import a file and explode it in Revit, the import lines are converted to model lines. Model lines are visible in all views of the model.
Where can you set the default visibility of worksets Revit?
Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets). Under Visible in all views, select the check box to show a workset in project views, or clear the check box to hide it.
How do I turn off detail lines in Revit?
Click the Linework tool on the Tools toolbar. In the Type Selector, select