How do you pin a drawing in Revit?
To Pin the CAD file:
- Select the CAD file.
- Go to Modify panel -> Modify -> select Pin tool. Alternatively, use “PN” as a keyboard shortcut.
- The CAD file is now pinned.
- Click Esc to end the Pin tool. NOTE: If you would like to Unpin the CAD file, Select the CAD file. Go to Modify panel -> Modify -> select UnPin tool.
How do I lock an imported CAD in Revit?
Click Modify tab > Modify panel > (Pin), select the elements to be pinned, and then press Enter.
Using Pin to Lock Elements in Place
- When you pin a modelling element e.g. a wall or floor, it cannot be moved.
- If you try to delete a pinned element, Revit warns you that the element is pinned.
How do you unpin elements in Revit?
- Select the elements to be unpinned, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Unpin).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Unpin), select the elements to be unpinned, and then press Enter .
How do I pin a PDF in Revit?
- Open the 2D model view in which you want to place the PDF file.
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Image) or (PDF). …
- In the Import Image dialog, navigate to the folder containing the PDF file to import.
- Select the file, and click Open.
- In the Import PDF dialog, select the desired resolution. …
- Click to place the image.
Can you lock something in Revit?
Open the Revit Server Administrator. In the tree control, select the item, and click (lock). Note: If you use the command-line utility to apply a lock, the lock icon displays after a refresh operation, and information about the model in use displays in the right pane.
How do I unlock Revit?
3. Revit Architecture displays a pushpin control near the component to indicate that it is pinned in place. To move or delete the component, you must first unlock it by clicking the pushpin control. Click the pushpin again to lock the component.
How do you lock dimensions in Revit?
You can maintain the parametric relationships between labeled dimensions by locking them. To lock a dimension directly in the drawing area, click next to the dimension.
- Click a dimension in the drawing area.
- Click Modify | Dimensions tab Properties panel Family Types.
- Select Lock to constrain a parameter.
How do you lock an object to a reference plane in Revit?
Add a Reference Plane
- On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
- On the Options bar, specify an offset, if desired.
- Select the Lock option to lock the reference plane to the line.
- Move the cursor near the line to which you want to place the reference plane and click.
How do you create a reference line in Revit?
Add a Reference Line
- In the Family Editor, click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Line).
- Using the drawing tools, sketch the line. The line displays as a solitary solid line until selected or when highlighted during preselection. …
- To use reference lines and linear dimensions to control model geometry:
How do you lock geometry to a reference line?
Constrain Family Geometry
- Use the Align tool and select the specific reference plane and the sketch line to establish the constraint.
- When the lock symbol displays, click it to lock the constraint.