How do you draw a dashed line in Revit?
Select the element you want to change. In the second column from the left select the “”Override”” button. Pull down the drop-down list of line types under “”Pattern”” and select the “”Dash”” linetype, for example. This method will change the linetype to dashed for all objects of that type.
How do you type a dashed line?
Make a line dashed
- Select the line you want to change. If you want to change multiple lines, select the first line, and then press and hold CTRL while you select the other lines.
- On the Format tab, click the arrow next to Shape Outline. …
- Point to Dashes, and then click the style you want.
How do you change the line style in Revit?
Modify Line Styles in the Family Editor
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles.
- In the Object Styles dialog, click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported objects tab.
- Click in the Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern cell for the category you want to modify and make changes as necessary.
How do I make colored lines in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles. In the Object Styles dialog, click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported objects tab. Click in the Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern cell for the category you want to modify and make changes as necessary. When finished, click OK.
Where is the linework tool in Revit?
Click Modify tab View panel (Linework).
What is a dotted line?
The term “dotted line” comes from the lines on an organizational chart. The solid line points to an employee’s primary boss; a dotted line indicates a secondary supervisor.
Can you insert a dotted line in Word?
To insert a dotted line (or leader line) in Microsoft Word. Click the expansion arrow on the Paragraph group in the Home tab. … Type the position where you want the leader lines to end in the “Tab stop position:” box (we recommend 6”). NOTE: You can also choose from the dropdown list of default tab stops.
What is the dotted line in my Word document?
The line you’re seeing across the page is a paragraph border that Word has automatically inserted using AutoFormat. To get rid of it: Place your cursor into the paragraph immediately preceding the line.
How Do You Manage line styles in Revit?
To create and modify line styles, click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down Line Styles. Create custom line styles and use them in your views. Use the Line Styles dialog to create a line style. You can delete any user-created line styles.
What are line styles?
A line style identifies a particular line of text in the report file that contains information to be extracted. Each line style must be defined such that Extract Editor can identify the same line throughout the report file.
How do you change the line weight in Revit?
Follow steps below:
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Line Weights).
- In the Line Weights dialog, click the Model Line Weights, Perspective Line Weights, or Annotation Line Weights tab.
- Click a cell in the table and enter a value.
- Click OK.
How do I change the line color in Revit 2020?
See Modifying Line Styles in the Family Editor.
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down Line Styles.
- In the Line Styles dialog, click New, and enter a new name for the line style. …
- Click the value for Line Weight to choose a line weight.
- Click the value for Line Color to choose a line color.
How do you make a detail line halftone in Revit?
Define Halftone/Underlay Settings
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Halftone/Underlay).
- In the Halftone/Underlay dialog, under Underlay, define the following settings: …
- Under Halftone, for Brightness, enter a value or use the slider to specify a setting between Light and Dark. …
- Click OK.