Architecture > Build > Component >Model in Place >Ceiling > Name it -OK > Extrusion > choose as Work Plane – a vertical plane – a Grid or a Named Reference Plane. if the shape is irregular in plan view (horizontal projection) , use Void (s) to trim the margins of the ceiling to fit the walls or the desired sides…
How do you make a ceiling model in Revit?
Create a Ceiling
- Open a ceiling plan view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel (Ceiling).
- In the Type Selector, select a ceiling type.
- Place a ceiling using one of the following methods: Use walls as ceiling boundaries. By default, the Automatic Ceiling tool is active.
How do you make a curved ceiling in Revit?
Go to the create command on the modeling tab and when a dialog pops up select ceiling. After that you can specify a solid extrusion and pick a work plane to draw on and then you will be able to create any shape you want.
What are the 2 main ways of creating ceilings in Revit?
You can create a ceiling defined by walls, or sketch its boundary. Create ceilings in a reflected ceiling plan view. Use the Ceiling tool to create a ceiling in a reflected ceiling plan view. You can create sloped ceilings and cathedral ceilings in the building model.
How do I change a ceiling pattern in Revit?
To modify a ceiling, select it and use tools on the Modify | Ceilings tab. select the ceiling. Then select a different ceiling type from the Type Selector. see Modifying Sketched Elements.
How do you change ceiling thickness in Revit?
Modify the Layer Thickness of a Roof or Structural Floor
- Select the floor or roof.
- On the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the value box of the Structure property, click Edit.
- In the Edit Assembly dialog, specify the material for layers and the thickness of those layers.