How do you move a connector in Revit?
In the Work Plane dialog, select the work plane where you want to place the connector, and click OK. In this example, an electrical connector is placed on the top work plane of a junction box. Select the connector, move it, and specify instance properties as needed.
How do I add a pipe connector in Revit family?
Place a Connector on a Work Plane
- In the Family Editor, open a plan view and a 3D view where you want to place a connector. …
- Click Create tab Connectors panel, and click a connector type (Electrical, Duct, Pipe, Cable Tray, or Conduit).
How do connectors work in Revit?
Connectors are primarily logical entities that allow calculating loads within a project. Revit maintains information about loads associated with the spaces in a project. As devices and equipment are placed in spaces, Revit keeps track of the loads based on load type: HVAC, Lighting, Power, Other.
How do you connect two ducts in Revit?
Connect Duct to an Existing System
- In the drawing area, select a piece of mechanical equipment, duct, flex duct, or duct fitting to connect the duct to.
- Right-click the connector where you want to connect the duct, and click Draw Duct or Draw Placeholder Duct. …
- Drag the other end of the duct to the desired destination.
What is Revit MEP?
Autodesk Revit MEP is a building information modeling (BIM) software created by Autodesk for professionals who work in MEP engineering. MEP stands for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing which are the three engineering disciplines that are addressed by Revit MEP.
How do I make a model pipe fitting in Revit?
The easiest way is to click on the Pipe button in Home tab, go to Properties, select piping system which will use this element as fitting and click on Edit Type. Go to Fitting, click on a fitting type and select loaded element.
How do you make a pipe in Revit?
See Drawing Pipe In an Elevation View and Drawing Pipe In a Section View. Click Systems tab Plumbing & Piping panel Pipe or Pipe Placeholder. In the Type Selector, select the pipe type. Optionally, in the Properties palette, under Mechanical, select a system type.
How do you join two ducts?
How to Connect Duct Work
- Step 1: Crimp One End. …
- Step 2: Insert Duct Into Next Piece. …
- Step 3: Tape the Seams. …
- Step 4: Screw the Pieces Together. …
- Step 1: Attach S-Cleats. …
- Step 2: Align the Pieces. …
- Step 3: Connect the Pieces. …
- Step 4: Prepare the Drives.
How do you draw ducts in Revit Architecture?
Draw Duct in a Plan View
- Open a view containing the duct system where you want to place ducts.
- Click Systems tab HVAC panel Duct or Duct Placeholder.
- In the Type Selector, select the duct type.
- Optionally, in the Properties palette, under Mechanical, select a system type.
- On the Options Bar, specify layout options.