There is a quick and easy way to do that in Autocad. use command QSELECT, select the layer, then right click, “draw order” and you can either bring to front/send to back or “bring above objects/send below objects”.
How do I change the position of a layer in AutoCAD?
Click Vision Tools tab Display Order panel Display By Layer Order. In the Define Display Order By Layer dialog box, use the arrows to set the order of the layers in the drawing. The layers display in the order that you define in the list. Layers at the top of the list display above the layers at bottom.
How do you move layers up and down in AutoCAD?
To Move Objects From One Layer to Another (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click Home tab Layers panel Move to Another Layer. Find.
- Select the objects you want to move.
- Press Enter to terminate object selection.
- Press Enter to display the Mechanical Layer Manager.
- Select the layer the objects should be moved to.
- Click OK.
How do I change the order of my drawings in AutoCAD?
The draw order of objects includes both their display order and plotting order.
- Click Home tab Modify panel drop-down list. …
- Click Draw Order, and from the drop-down list, choose one of the options.
- Select the objects that you want to modify, and press Enter.
What is a Layer state in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD Layer States are a very useful layer management tool for those layer heavy drawing files. Layer states offer the opportunity to group layers together into logical collections such as Building Envelope, Building Services, Structural Detail, Lighting or Furniture layout.
How do I move an object to a different layer?
Move an object to a different layer
- Select the object.
- Do one of the following: Click the name of the desired layer in the Layers panel. Then choose Object > Arrange > Send To Current Layer. Drag the selected-art indicator , located at the right of the layer in the Layers panel, to the layer you want.
What is the best way to move an object to a different layer?
To Change the Layer of Selected Objects
- Select the objects.
- Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
- In the Properties palette, click Layer, and then the down arrow.
- From the drop-down list, choose the layer that you want to assign to the objects.
- Press Esc to remove the selection.
How do I move an object from one layer to another?
So sometimes, when you’re working with selections, you may want to copy that selection to a new layer. To do that, you make the selection then press Command or Control J in order to copy the selected area to a new layer.
Can you explode an xref?
You cannot explode an xref, however, you can explode a block. First convert the xref into a block by binding it to the drawing then explode it. No way to explode xref.
Which tool allows you to control which layers are displayed in the layer drop-down list?
The quickest and easiest way to manage layers is via the Layers panel on the Home tab of the ribbon shown in Figure 2-20. The Layer drop-down list allows you to set the current drawing layer (see Figure 2-20). The Layer Properties Manager palette allows you to create and manage drawing layers.
How do you remove objects from a selection set?
Turn off Shift+Left Click Image Select. If you’re inside a command, selecting objects, and at the Select Objects prompt, you can type R <enter> and you will be prompted to Remove Objects. This removes them from the selection set.
How do you use Layer State?
Use the Layer States Manager to work with layer states. In the Layer State drop-down list, click Manage Layer States.
Save Layer Settings to a Layer State
- Click New.
- In the New Layer State to Save dialog box, enter a name for the new layer state, or choose a name from the list. …
- Click Close.
How do I open layer state in Autocad?
To Work With Layer States
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer State. Find.
- In the Layer State drop-down list, click Manage Layer States. Note: The Layer States Manager is also accessible from the Layer Properties Manager. Find.
Which are layer filter types?
With the Layer Properties Manager, you can create three types of layer filters: group filters, property filters, and layer standards filters. Group filters can contain any layers in the current drawing.