Place the cursor in the view where you want to paste the elements. Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down (Paste from Clipboard). NoteYou can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V to paste elements.
How do you cut and paste in Revit?
Select one or more elements in the drawing area. Click Modify |
Can you copy with a base point in Revit?
You can’t copy with base point but you can paste aligned to current view.
How do you copy and paste a project in Revit?
How can I copy and paste geometry from one file into another? Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
How do you duplicate text in Revit?
Click Modify |
How do you copy a component in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to copy, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Copy).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Copy), select the elements to copy, and then press Enter .
How do you copy with base points?
Try using CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy. Select the objects first then CTRL+SHIFT+C then specify the basepoint. Now when you do a CTRL+SHIFT+V, you can snap your copied object.
What is the significance of base point in copy command?
The Copy with Base Point command allows the user to copy an object to the clipboard. This can then be used later in the same drawing, an existing drawing, or a new drawing.
How do you copy from one point to another?
How to copy and paste text from one place to another
- Place your mouse cursor at the beginning of the text you wish to copy. …
- Hold down the left mouse button and move your cursor to the end of the text you wish to copy. …
- On your keyboard, hold down the Ctrl key and while you are holding it down press the C key.
Can you copy sheets from one Revit project to another?
Open the project where you want to reuse existing views or sheets. Click Insert Import panel Insert from File drop-down (Insert Views from File). In the Open dialog, navigate to the project that contains the desired views or sheets, select it, and click Open.
How do you copy a project parameter in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel (Project Parameters) and select the parameter to export. Create or modify a schedule, and select the parameter to export from the Available Fields section or the Scheduled Fields section of the dialog.
How do I copy a legend from one project to another in Revit?
You can copy a legend view from one sheet view and paste it to another sheet view.
- Select a legend view and copy it to the clipboard.
- Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Paste from Clipboard: Manually place the legend view onto another sheet view.