What is the first thing you should read on a construction drawing?
Start with the Title Block
Title Blocks are a standard feature on construction site plans and the first thing you should look for when you start reading. The title block should tell you who drew the plans, the date that the drawings were made, the scale of the drawings, and who approved them.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
What are drawings in construction?
Construction drawings provide the graphical representation, indicating the arrangement of components, detailing, dimensions, and so on. … A complete set of construction drawings tends to comprise floor plans, elevations, sections, and detail drawings, that together provide a complete representation of the building.
What are the 5 basic components of construction drawings?
5 Types of Construction Drawings Used in Commercial Construction
- 1 Architectural Drawings: This is one of the types of construction drawings. …
- Structural Drawings: …
- Electrical Drawings: …
- Plumbing and Sanitary Drawings: …
- Finishing Drawing:
What drawings does a builder need?
For most projects, you’ll need the following types of construction drawings to apply for planning permission or a lawful development certificate:
- Existing floor plans. These are accurate drawings of what the building looks like as it stands today. …
- Design floor plans. …
What is the purpose of construction drawings?
They are a means of communicating between parties, and of ensuring that the appropriate designs, materials and construction techniques are used. You’ll find more information in Bulletin 622 Good plans and specifications.
What is the importance of construction drawings?
Drawings are important because they are used to communicate the technical details of a project in a common format. The drawings also become the foundation for future projects and cost savings for customers.
What is the role of drawings in construction?
Construction Drawings Provide the Specifications
Specifications will detail the materials, principles, procedures, etc needed to complete the works. Construction drawings give the graphical portrayal, indicating the course of action of parts, detailing, measurements, etc.
How do you read blueprints for beginners?
4 Tips for Reading Blueprints
- Begin with the title block. The title block is the first piece of information you’ll see in construction site plans. …
- Study the plan legend. …
- Find the blueprint’s scale and orientation. …
- Look for notes from the architect.