How do you move objects in chief architect?
To move a free-standing object through other objects
- Click once on an object such as a piece of furniture, a cabinet or an appliance to select it.
- Hold down the Ctrl/Command key, and place your cursor over the Move edit handle at the center of the selected object. …
- Click and drag the object to a new location.
How do you move walls in chief architect?
To move a wall, tap to select it, then drag its Move handle. Walls can be moved perpendicular to their length. To move a selected wall with greater precision, tap a dimension indicating its distance from another, parallel wall and input the desired distance using the keypad or compatible Bluetooth laser meter.
How do you make new materials?
HOW ARE NEW MATERIALS MADE? Most new materials are developed from existing materials. Scientists try out new combinations of elements. They apply heat and pressure to materials to impart new properties.
What key on the keyboard lets you move an object through another object and override movement restrictions?
To override any movement restrictions you encounter, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard if you’re on a Windows PC, or the Command key on a Mac as you drag the object with its Move edit handle.
How do you move an object in a door?
Open the Options menu from any attribute of the object where you want to move the object.
- To move the object before the current object, click Move Before.
- To move the object one level below the current object, click Move Below.
- To move the object after the current object, click Move After.
How do you paint walls in chief architect?
- Click on either the Interior or Exterior Wall Surface component, and click on the Select Material button.
- In the Select Material dialog, choose your desired material and then click OK.
- Click OK once again to close out of the Wall Specification dialog and to confirm the change.
How do you insert an image in chief architect?
To import a picture of a floor plan
- Launch Chief Architect and open a New Plan .
- From the menu, select File> Import> Import Picture to open the Import Picture File dialog. Browse to the picture file that you would like to import, click on its name to select it, then click the Open button.
How do I change dimensions in chief architect?
To change the dimension defaults
- Select Edit> Default Settings .
- In the Default Settings dialog, expand the Dimension category, select Dimensions, then click Edit. …
- In the Saved Dimension Defaults dialog that displays, choose the appropriate Dimension Default from the list, then click Edit once again.
How do you show dimensions in chief architect?
- Select View> Temporary Dimensions .
- If there is a checkmark next to it and its highlighted with a light blue color, this feature is enabled. …
- As with other dimension lines, Temporary Dimensions only locate objects that are parallel or nearly parallel to one another.