How do I change the scale of a viewport line?
To Scale Linetypes in Layout Viewports
- With PSLTSCALE set to 1 (default), set the current linetype to dashed, and then draw a line in a paper space layout.
- In the layout, create a viewport with a zoom factor of 1x, make that layout viewport current, and then draw a line using the same dashed linetype.
How do I resize a viewport?
Resize the viewport
- Press Shift while dragging to maintain the original aspect ratio.
- If you don’t see the handles, toggle them by selecting View > Responsive > Viewport resize handles in the top menu.
What is viewport scale in AutoCAD?
When you work in a layout, the scale factor of a view in a layout viewport represents a ratio between the actual size of the model displayed in the viewport and the size of the layout. The ratio is determined by dividing the paper space units by the model space units.
How do I know what scale my viewport is?
To Check the Scale of a Scale Area or Viewport (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click View tab Viewports panel Scale Monitor. Find. The Scale Monitor dialog box is displayed.
- In the drawing area, move the cursor over the scale area (or a viewport ) and check the Scale Monitor dialog box.
- Press ENTER to exit this command.
How do I resize a viewport in Autocad?
How do I stretch a viewport in Autocad?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
How do I resize a layout in Autocad?
In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify. Click Modify. In the Page Setup dialog box, under Paper Size, select a paper size from the list. Click OK.
How do you make a viewport smaller in Autocad?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do you unlock a viewport in AutoCAD?
Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale. The yellow unlocked padlock changes to a blue locked padlock, and the Viewport Scale button becomes unselectable. Locking the display makes for some nifty zooming. If you’re in paper space, a normal zoom is executed.
What is AutoCAD scale?
Scale Factor. Multiplies the dimensions of the selected objects by the specified scale. A scale factor greater than 1 enlarges the objects. A scale factor between 0 and 1 shrinks the objects. You can also drag the cursor to make the object larger or smaller.
What is the scale of my drawing AutoCAD?
Issue: AutoCAD 2D drawings are commonly drawn in model space at a 1:1 scale (full-size). In other words, a 12-foot wall is drawn at that size. The drawings are then plotted or printed at a plot “scale” that accurately resizes the model objects to fit on paper at a given scale such as 1/8″ = 1′.