Specifies the portion of the object that you want to stretch. Use the cpolygon option or the crossing object selection method. Press Enter when the selection is complete. STRETCH moves only the vertices and endpoints that lie inside the crossing selection, leaving those outside unchanged.
How do you stretch a drawing in CAD?
Begin with a drawing open in AutoCAD.
- On the Modify panel, click the Stretch button. …
- Follow the command line instructions to click points from right to left to define a crossing selection box. …
- If these drafting settings aren’t already set this way, turn off SNAP mode and turn on ORTHO and OSNAP.
What is a stretch command?
The Stretch command in AutoCAD is used to stretch the portion of the object partially enclosed by the polygon selection or window selection. The objects selected individually or completely enclosed by the window selection cannot be stretched. Those objects are rather moved such as ellipses, blocks, and circles.
How many types of CAD are there?
How many types of CAD are there? Explanation: The five types are 2D CAD (flat drawings of product), 2.5D CAD (Prismatic models), 3D CAD (3D objects), 3D wireframe and surface modelling (skeleton like inner structure) and solid modelling (solid geometry).
How many layers should a drawing have?
Each drawing includes a layer named 0. Layer 0 cannot be deleted or renamed to ensure that every drawing includes at least one layer. In general, you should always create several new layers with which to organize your drawing, rather than create your entire drawing on layer 0.
What is scale command AutoCAD?
Scale Factor. Multiplies the dimensions of the selected objects by the specified scale. A scale factor greater than 1 enlarges the objects. A scale factor between 0 and 1 shrinks the objects. You can also drag the cursor to make the object larger or smaller.
How do I stretch a group in AutoCAD?
Select several objects to stretch. Hold down Shift and click several grips so that they are highlighted. Release Shift and select a grip as the base grip by clicking the grip.
What are the shortcut keys in AutoCAD?
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
|Ctrl+Y||Redo last action|
|Ctrl+[||Cancel current command (or ctrl+)|
What is the best way of drawing a rectangle in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab > Draw panel > Rectangle. Find.
- Specify the first corner of the rectangle.
- Enter A for Area.
- Enter the area.
- Do one of the following: Enter L to enter the length. The width is calculated based on the length and the area. Enter W to enter the width. …
- Enter the value for the length or width.