The EQ symbol appears with a slash through it when the equality constraint is not applied. Delete the dimension that corresponds to the constraint. A warning appears that you are not deleting the actual constraint. Click Unconstrain in the warning dialog to remove the constraint.
How do you unlock constraints in Revit?
- On the View Control Bar, click (Reveal Constraints). …
- Select a constraint to highlight the elements that are constrained. …
- Optional: Remove the constraint by simply deleting it, or by unlocking it. …
- On the View Control Bar, click to exit Reveal Constraints mode.
How do you unlock objects in Revit?
Select the elements to be unpinned, and then click Modify | <Element> tab Modify panel (Unpin). Click Modify tab Modify panel (Unpin), select the elements to be unpinned, and then press Enter .
How do you unlock dimensions in Revit?
Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. Click the lock control to unlock the dimension so that you can change it. In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter .
How do I create a constraint dimension in Revit?
Lock a permanent dimension to create a constraint. When you place a permanent dimension, you can click the lock icon for the dimension and create a constraint. A constraint (dashed blue line) appears when you select its references, as shown in the following image. Many dimensions may correspond to the same constraint.
How do I remove align constraints in Revit?
To remove the constraint, just select the wall and then left-click on the padlock symbol. You will see the padlock symbol change to the unlocked position.
How do you unlock grid lines in Revit?
If grid lines are aligned and you select a line, a lock appears to indicate the alignment. If you drag the blue drag point of any one grid line, other aligned grid lines will also move with it. If you wish to drag only one of the grid line than click on the lock again to unlock it and then drag again.
Can you lock an image in Revit?
Revit LT displays a pushpin control near the element to indicate that it is pinned in place. To move or delete the element, you must first unlock it by clicking the pushpin control. Click the pushpin again to lock the element.
How do I lock a family in Revit?
You can’t lock a family, BUT, You can lock a family workset, so other will not be able to modify them. Simply make the families workset editable, and don’t relinquish that workset.
How do you unlock families in Revit?
Open a Revit Family
- On the Home page, under Families, click Open. As an alternative, from the ribbon, click File tab Open (Family).
- On the left side of the Open dialog, select a family library or folder.
- Navigate to the appropriate directory, and select the file. …
- Click Open.
How do I change dimension values in Autocad 2021?
To Set the Overall Dimension Scale
- Do one of the following: …
- In the Dimension Style Manager, Styles list, select the style you want to change.
- Click Modify.
- In Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Fit tab, under Scale for Dimension Features: …
- Click OK.
- Click Close to exit the Dimension Style Manager.
How can you bring schedules from other projects into a current project?
Use a Schedule in Another Model
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- Select a Revit project that contains the views to insert, and click Open. …
- Select the views to display from the list.
- Check the views you would like to insert, and click OK.
What is a constraint in Revit?
Constraints. Constraints are non-view specific elements that can function independently of dimensions. Constraint elements appear in all views in which their references are visible; dimensions are view-specific. You can modify and delete constraints independently of dimensions or remove them when you delete dimensions.
How do you add a top constraint in Revit?
Top constraint is where the top of the wall is constraint to. If you set this on unconnected you specify the wall’s unconnected height. Alternatively you can specify a level as top constraint, the wall will then run up to this level. Additionally you can specify an offset for both the base and top constraints.
How do you add constraints in Revit family?
Constrain Family Geometry
- Use the Align tool and select the specific reference plane and the sketch line to establish the constraint.
- When the lock symbol displays, click it to lock the constraint.