To use a SketchUp design in Revit Architecture, import a SKP file from SketchUp directly into Revit Architecture. As an alternative, you can use SketchUp to export a DWG file, and then import that DWG file into Revit Architecture.
What files can I import into Revit?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
Can you import STEP files into Revit?
Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
How do I convert a SketchUp model to LayOut?
To send a model from SketchUp to LayOut, follow these steps:
- In SketchUp, click the Send to Layout button. The LayOut application opens.
- Select a LayOut template for your document. Your model opens in LayOut as a Sketchup viewport.
How do I get SketchUp Pro for free?
Full Version – Free Trial
- Visit the download page on SketchUp’s website.
- Select “Start free trial”.
- Login or register with a Trimble account.
- Select which industry you work in and click “Continue”.
- Select your interests and click “Continue”.
- Fill in your information & click the “Start My Trial” button.
How do I import a website into Revit?
Create the Site Plan
- Define site settings. …
- Create the toposurface. …
- Rotate the project to True North. …
- Specify property lines. …
- Add a building pad. …
- Grade the toposurface. …
- Create parking lots, roads, and sidewalks. …
- Add site components.
How do I convert a STEP file to Revit?
How to achieve a conversion of a Revit model to STEP or STP…
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (ACIS (SAT).
- In the SAT Export Settings dialog, select the views and sheets to export.
- Click Next.
- In the Export CAD Formats dialog, do the following: Navigate to the target folder for the exported files. …
- Click OK.
What programs can open STEP files?
Common CAD software tools that support STEP files include AutoCAD, Fusion, SolidWorks, OnShape, PTC Creo, CATIA and ArchiCAD. A major reason for its popularity as a data exchange format is that it is an official international standard (STEP stands for Standard for the Exchange of Product Data).
How do I convert steps to DWG?
Discover how easy it is to convert a 3D file (STEP, IGES, STL, SLDPRT, X_T, X_B, SAT, OBJ, BREP) to DWG or DXF.
- Open your 3D file.
- Go to File → Save as.
- In the opened window, specify the output file name and file format (AutoCAD DWG or DXF).
- Click Save.