How do you edit a component in SketchUp for free?
Right-clicking a component instance in your SketchUp modeling window opens a context menu that offers lots of useful choices. Here’s what some of them let you do: Edit Component: To edit all instances of a component at once, right-click any instance and choose Edit Component from the context menu.
How do I assign a layer in SketchUp 2021?
Adding a new layer
- Choose Window→Layers. The Layers dialog box opens.
- Click the Add Layer button to add a new layer to the Layers list. If you want, you can double-click your new layer to rename it.
How do I hide a layer in SketchUp?
- First, go to View > Animation > Settings. …
- In the Layers window, turn off the layers you want hidden.
- In the Scenes window, uncheck the Camera Location option. …
- In the Scenes window, click the “plus” sign to save the scene. …
- Go back to the Layers window and turn all layers on.
Where is the layer tab in SketchUp?
In SketchUp Viewer, you access a model’s layers as follows: Click the Main Menu icon ( ). Click the Layers icon ( ), and the Layers tab appears, as shown in the following figure.
How do you save a dynamic component in SketchUp?
The proper way to save dynamic components is to export it by right-clicking on the component and select “Save As..”. That keeps the component to be saved inside an “envelope” file.
How do you scale a dynamic component in SketchUp?
PRO This is a Pro only feature.
- Context-click on the component. …
- Select the Dynamic Components > Component Attributes menu item. …
- Click the + button next to the component’s name. …
- Click on the add attribute button in the last row of the attributes list. …
- Click on the Scale tool attribute in the list.
How do you separate components in SketchUp?
How do you split a component in SketchUp?
- Select the Split tool ( ). Tip: Until you hover over a solid group or component, you see an arrow cursor with a circle and a slash. …
- Click a solid entity.
- Click another solid entity that intersects your first selection.
What is the difference between group and component in SketchUp?
By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model. Each instance is a repetition of all others. A change to one instance changes all other instances.
How do you explode a component?
To break up the object, click to select it and choose Edit > Group > Explode or Edit > Component > Explode.