You can adjust the grid spacing by typing in a gridline interval and hitting the enter key whenever you activate the tool, before you click in your model to start creating your grid. NOTE: Do not set your interval to something crazy like 2” – your model will become unmanageable very quickly.
How do you move an object vertically in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- With the Select ( ) tool, select the item (or items) you want to move.
- Select the Move tool ( ) or press the M key.
- Click the item you want to move. …
- Move your mouse to move your selection. …
- Click the destination point to finish the move.
How do I change my Smoove radius?
Double-click the group containing your terrain to edit it. Choose Tools, Sandbox, Smoove from the menu bar to activate the Smoove tool. Type a radius and press Enter.
How do you smooth out contours in SketchUp?
To smooth edges with the Eraser tool, hold down the Ctrl key (Option on the Mac) while you click or drag over the edges you want to smooth. Use the Soften Edges panel. Located on the Window menu, this panel lets you smooth a bunch of selected edges all at once, according to the angle of their adjacent faces.
How do I change grid size?
To change the grid size on Home screen, follow these steps:
- 1 On the Home Screen, tap and hold an empty area.
- 2 Tap Home screen settings.
- 3 Tap Home screen grid.
- 4 Select the Grid Size to display. Tap APPLY to change the Screen Grid on the Home Screen.
How do I turn off snap in SketchUp layout?
Pressing CTRL+/ toggles Object Snap and the button changes to show whether it is on or off. Pressing CTRL+’ toggles the Grid and the button changes to show whether it is on or off.
Why is SketchUp not snapping to Axis?
The direction keys toggle to locking to a specific axis on/off. See answers above. Holding down one of these keys may be your problem. Holding down the [Shift] key for locking only works when you see the colored R or G or B, indicating the direction at that moment, or when locking to any existing edge or face or guide.