1 Answer. first start a new drawing. then go to the ribbon and select the insert tab, once the insert ribbon is open you will the import tab you can choose either import or STEP depending on how you have you ribbon set up.
How do I open a GrabCAD file?
Do these steps, and everything will be fine:
- Open “My Computer” (“This PC” is you’re using windows 8, 9,10)
- On the top right corner (under close, minimize and maximize buttons) you’ll find “Search Computer”
- Search for the file’s name (in my case, Movable Part)
Can AutoCAD read SOLIDWORKS files?
Import the Solidworks file directly into AutoCAD. On the command line in AutoCAD, type IMPORT. … Find and select the Solidworks file and click Open. Note: After this step, the import is complete.
How do I use GrabCAD files?
Select a location for the GrabCAD folder where you will keep your CAD data. Be sure to choose a location on your local hard drive and not a network drive. 4. To get in sync with the project you just created, click “Connect” and a folder with the same name as your project will be created in the GrabCAD folder.
How do I open a GrabCAD file in SolidWorks?
Getting started with GrabCAD Workbench for SolidWorks®
- Enable Workbench add-in. Open the Add-Ins panel in SolidWorks® and enable GrabCAD Workbench.
- Open the Task Pane and Sign in. Open the SolidWorks® Task Pane, select the GrabCAD tab and sign in to your GrabCAD account.
- Link your files to your projects.
How do I open a downloaded file in SolidWorks?
To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.
How do I convert files to GrabCAD?
First download the file you’d like to convert, then head over to https://grabcad.com/workbench to start a free account.
Converting a file to another format
- STEP (. stp)
- IGES (. igs)
- STL (. stl)
- Parasolid (. x_t)
- ACIS (. sat)
- JT (. jt)
- VRML (. wrl)
Does GrabCAD cost money?
Today we’re happy to announce that GrabCAD Workbench is now free for all users. Beginning immediately (that means right now), engineering teams of all sizes can share and manage CAD files effortlessly. Why have we returned to the free model? Simple.
How do I upload files to GrabCAD?
To upload a model:
Navigate to the Model Library page, and then click the red ‘+ Upload‘ button found in the top-right corner of the page. Drag and drop your files and folders into the outlined box or click ‘Select files’ or ‘Select folders’ to add files with your file browser.
Which is better Solidworks or AutoCAD?
AutoCAD is better suited for general-purpose 2D and 3D drafting, while Solidworks excels in developing sophisticated 3D models and simulations. … If you are looking for a CAD/CAM software to create machine parts in 3D and simulate their physics and motion, then go for Solidworks.
Can AutoCAD open a STEP file?
In order to open a stp file in AutoCAD you’ll need to follow a 3 step process; first, select the “Insert Tab” function, followed by “Import Panel”, and then find the STP file. Second, select the STP file you’d like to import into AutoCAD. Lastly, click to open the file.
Can AutoCAD open 3D files?
3D Studio files. ACIS solid object files. Note: Supported only on 64 -bit systems. CATIA® V4 model, session and export files.
How do you convert Sldprt to step?
How to convert a SLDPRT file to STEP
- open your file with solidworks and save as STEP AP214.
- open autcad. 1-change 3d modeling. 2-clik insert. 3-click import.
- 1-choose step. 2-cick open.
- waiting for import file.
- 1-click view. 2- choose SW isometric.
- change 2d wireframe to Realistic.