How do you categorize views in Revit?
Sort Views or Sheets in the Project Browser
- Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Browser Organization.
- In the Browser Organization dialog, click the Views tab to apply a sort to project views, or click the Sheets tab to apply a sort to sheets.
- Select a sort group. …
- Click Apply, then click OK.
How do I create a view group in Revit?
How to Group in Revit
- In a project view, select the desired elements or existing groups you want in the group.
- Click Modify | Multi-Select tabCreate panel (Create Group). …
- In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group. …
- If you want to open the group in the group editor, select Open in Group Editor. …
- Click OK.
How do you create a category in Revit?
- With the family open, click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- On the Model Objects tab of the Object Styles dialog, under Category, select the family category.
- Under Modify Subcategories, click New.
- In the New Subcategory dialog, for Name, enter a new name. …
- Click OK.
What is a view type in Revit?
A view type defines some graphics properties, such as a reference label and tags for elevations, callouts, or sections. It can also specify a view template to apply to a new view, and whether template updates should be applied to existing views.
How do I add sheet categories in Revit?
Add a Sheet
- Open the project.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Sheet).
- Select a title block, as follows: In the New Sheet dialog, select a title block from the list. …
- Enter information in the title block of the sheet.
- Add views to the sheet.
- Change the default number and name that Revit assigned to the sheet.
How do I create a work view in Revit?
Create a Plan View
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down, and then click. (Floor Plan) …
- In the New Plan dialog: For Type, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. …
- Click OK.
What is a category in Revit?
Revit Element Hierarchy. Category: A Category controls the organization, visibility, graphical representations, and scheduling options of Families within the Project.
What is a family category?
The Family Category and Parameters tool assigns the properties of a predefined family category to the component you are creating. The tool is only available within the Family Editor. Family parameters define behaviors or Identity Data that apply across all types in that family.
How do you create a sub discipline in Revit?
Your ‘HVAC’ (5) Sub-Discipline is a Project parameter that is connected to ‘Views’. See the Manage tab, select Project parameters, select the parameter ‘Sub-Sisciplie’, click Modify and check the Category that it is attached to. The Views in the Project Browser are arranged based on the parameter values of your Views.
How do I change the view type in Revit?
Open a view for which you want to create a view type, or click the view name in the Project Browser. In the Properties palette, click Edit Type. In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate. Enter a name for the new view type and click OK.
How do I change the view classification in Revit?
Right click on Views then click Browser Organization on the context menu. In the Browser Organization dialog, click New. Type “Category” for the new Views name. Click OK.